cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slimtype BD E DS4E1S Optical Disc Drive does not work properly

shahrukhsky
Level 7
Hello ASUS ROG users,

I am facing a problem with the Slimtype BD E DS4E1S Optical Disc Drive. It seems to have a mind of its own as it sometimes reads the CDs and DVDs and sometimes it does not recognise the media and ejects. The same goes for writing onto the media. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't.

I understand a lot of users are having problems with this particular ODD. Is there any other reliable ODD that can be used to replace this drive. Recently after giving a presentation when I was asked to burn a DVD, the ODD simply would not burn the media. It was quite embarassing. I rarely use the ODD but when I needed it the most it simply would not work.

My ASUS ROG G74-SX machine was purchased in November 2011 and is still under the one-year onsite warranty, but I do not want to replace the drive with a similar drive which is totally unreliable. Also if I were to request the ASUS Service to replace the drive, will they put in a brand new drive or a refurbished/repaired drive. I live in Mumbai, India.

Please advise and help. Thanks.
0 REPLIES 0