cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should G752VT Notebook BIOS update to 303? (because of problem)

Fataleyez
Level 7
Hi I have a problem with my G752VT with the battery that plugged in charging but not charging, My Notebook just only charge to 15%, but when i unplugged and plugged back in the charger it just charge 1 % to 16% and then I unplugged and plugged in again till it charge to 56% and then its much more harder to increase. When i monitored with batterymon the charge rate is 0, just 3-5 second and didnt charge again, I already test uninstall the ACPI on device manager and it didnt work for me. If it didnt solve the battery problem then its okay anyway, i want to update my G752VT BIOS to the latest version.
So is it worth it updating the BIOS on G752VT?, my BIOS version is 214, should i update to 216 first then to 303?, and should i flash with Winflash or from the system BIOS?

Arigatou Gozaimasu:cool:
Thank you for reading:cool:
21 REPLIES 21

I have a G752VY and yes I upgraded my BIOS to the latest about a month after it was released. Many people had installed it and few if any had any issues. So I upgraded mine. Very happy that I did and it came with a new fan profile that runs my notebook about 10C cooler.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

"new fan profile that runs my notebook about 10C cooler" >>> is it a program?

Nothing that I control, its the Basic fan profile run from the BIOS. I don't use any 3rd party fan control program.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Have you Upgrade your ROG RAM yet?, if yes what RAM did you installed in you Notebook, and can you recommend me what is the best 4,8,16 RAM for my G752VT i really want to upgrade my RAM but i dont know which should i buy,ty.

To add to your current RAM you would match exactly what you already have installed, you can use Hwinfo64 it will show your what and where you already have installed Generaly 0-2 are under your keyboard and 1 - 3 are exposed under the removable plate on the back side of your note book. You have to match the timings and voltages exactly brand and model will assure you that they will play good together. usually timings and voltages are the same and the cards are the same they work.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

My Notebook memory RAM is Samsung, can i install something else other than samsung with the same specification as my installed RAM like i want to buy crucial RAM with the same specification as my Samsung RAM?, Oh and when i just check my battery info on HWINFO the power status said : Charging Critical On AC Power.

yes you could and it will most likely work, if you can find the matching Samsung RAM you will be sure not to have any issues.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

When i just check my battery info on HWINFO the power status said : Charging Critical On AC Power, help me.

Julskey
Level 10
There should be no problem updating BIOS to 303 as long as your laptop is connected with AC power. Also update TB3 firmware then let laptop update and restart a few times as there will be 100% cpu usage in one of your CPU cores even when laptop is in idle.

Thanks, now i have more problem my when i unplugged and plugged back in the charger and recharge to 48%, i leave it until tomorrow it charge to 99% and when i use my laptop and unplugged the charger from the notebook it DIED instantly, please help