cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rubber coating peeling on lid.

JDS
Level 7
When I was cleaning up my G75VW I noticed a small, but noticeable, cosmetic flaw. The rubber coating was beginning to peel on the left corner of the lid. I am curious how I can resolve this. It's bothering me a great deal...thanks in advance.
Asus G75V
nVidia GTX 670M
i7 3630QM at 2.4Ghz
12 GB Memory
750 HDD (500 HDD + 250 SSD)
Windows 8 Pro
12 REPLIES 12

kimiraikkonen
Level 7
I have G53JW and i was suspecting with the same result. Without cleaning the lid backcover for a while and the palm rest area near the touchpad, i noticed as long as i press and slide my fingers over the rubbery surface, the material immediately begins to peel or it's just smudge/dirt which is stick, that i don't know.

How can i know soft/rubbery lid surface has began to peel, or it is just dirt?

I tried cleaning with eye-glass cleaner + soft cloth and wet towel, and all i get is black rubbery matterial and no fresh clean.

Please help 😞
ASUS G53JW-XA1

kimiraikkonen wrote:
I have G53JW and i was suspecting with the same result. Without cleaning the lid backcover for a while and the palm rest area near the touchpad, i noticed as long as i press and slide my fingers over the rubbery surface, the material immediately begins to peel or it's just smudge/dirt which is stick, that i don't know.

How can i know soft/rubbery lid surface has began to peel, or it is just dirt?

I tried cleaning with eye-glass cleaner + soft cloth and wet towel, and all i get is black rubbery matterial and no fresh clean.

Please help 😞

I do cleaning on my G74sx with just a cloth moderately damped with clean water. Finish it with dry cloth and it's almost good as new. My laptop is already 4 years old.

Darkthor
Level 7
DO NOT try super glue. It will NOT stick.

source: a sad sad g75 user that tried that on his left touchpad button's rubber coating. The superglue did stick to the button, but the rubber ON the superglue didnt.at all. :((