cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RoG G752VY Upgrading Questions

Twrig106
Level 7
Hi, i have recently bought myself a G752VY, and am wondering what "Upgrades" are possible. As in, EXACTLY what is possible. When i sent an email to the Asus team (Not RoG; Asus), they said i can install 2x SSD's and 4x Ram cards. Well; thats no help whatsoever, i told them that in my email, but asked the specifics. Nope.

So, ive got 2 empty SSD slots in my pc, so what can i install there? I was looking at the Samsing 950 Pro SSD (512gb). Whats everyones recommendations and advice for 2x ssd's (Preferably 512gb or 1tb ea)?

Looking inside my pc, the 2 "Extra ram slots" that are supposed to be empty, already have 2x cards in them, so im already hooked up with 4x 8gb ram. Am i able to replace all 4 for 16gb? What speeds and whatnot do i need for it to work?

If there are any other recommended upgrades that yas have, please let me know

Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3

JustinThyme
Level 13
Im running 64GB RAM. It came with 2x16GB sticks. I tried several things and ended up just using the two 16gb Hynix sticks I already had and adding 2 16 gb samsung sticks to it. I have noted its picky on what ram works and what does not. I can verify you can run Gskill Ripjaws 2400 in it no worries if you are replacing all 4 sticks. It will not go above 2400 period. I had a thread going about it somewhere.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232162

As for M2 drives Im running 2x512GB Samsung 950 Pros. I would not bother venturing out and trying anything else but Samsung for this. Ive read others posting failures but not with Samsung unless they buy the wrong stuff. 950 Pro, OEM SM951 NVMe, OEM SM 961 (if you can find it) runs the PCIe bus to its limits with a new controller. I think if you wait a bit you will see it in the consumer version too but for now its only on the OEM sticks.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Im running 64GB RAM. It came with 2x16GB sticks. I tried several things and ended up just using the two 16gb Hynix sticks I already had and adding 2 16 gb samsung sticks to it. I have noted its picky on what ram works and what does not. I can verify you can run Gskill Ripjaws 2400 in it no worries if you are replacing all 4 sticks. It will not go above 2400 period. I had a thread going about it somewhere.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232162

Mine came with 4x 8gb ram, so im gonna have to replace the inner slots with 16gb as well as the outer ones

JustinThyme wrote:
As for M2 drives Im running 2x512GB Samsung 950 Pros. I would not bother venturing out and trying anything else but Samsung for this. Ive read others posting failures but not with Samsung unless they buy the wrong stuff. 950 Pro, OEM SM951 NVMe, OEM SM 961 (if you can find it) runs the PCIe bus to its limits with a new controller. I think if you wait a bit you will see it in the consumer version too but for now its only on the OEM sticks.

Haha nice, i had a feeling the 950 pro was the one to go at the moment. However, im gonna hold out till early next year, see whats been released then. And hope samsung 950 pro has dropped in price a tad.

Thanks for your info

JustinThyme
Level 13
960 pro hitting the shelves in a few days. Already have one on order for my new Desktop build coming up.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein