cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog G752VY BIOS upgrade to 208 version causing slow boot, 206 ok?

JOHATASH
Level 7
Hi , after upgrading my bios from 206 to 208ver. System load time come very very big, about 90sec.
What can i do, who has the same problem?Help!
108 REPLIES 108

MrMean wrote:
The BIOS update 211 seems to work at fixing the issue of not holding the rapid start settings upon reboot. However, the system seems to stutter a little bit during post. Not sure yet if that will turn out to be a problem or if it is just the way it posts. Also noticed it added a selection to authorize the system to use RAID 0 on the drives. Would prefer RAID 1 but maybe in a future BIOS update. 🙂

FYI.... Boot time is about 10 sec. and I used the Windows based flash utility from Asus. Worked just fine for me.

ASUS ROG G752VY-DH78K
i7-6820HK 2.7GHz
64 GB DDR4
GTX 980M with 8GB
1TB 7200RPM + 2 x 256GB SSD (PCIEG3x4)

Apparently the fix is short lived. Worked for about a week and now it is shutting "Fast Boot" off in the BIOS again. Starting to wonder if this is a physical issue with the CMOS chip rather than a software/firmware issue in the BIOS.

ASUS, FIX THIS ISSUE OR AT LEAST HAVE THE BALLS TO COME OUT AND LET PEOPLE KNOW WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON!!! IS THIS GOING TO BE A PERMANENT ISSUE THAT CANNOT BE FIXED?!

So frustrating!!

Jlieu
Level 7
YES 16 units of G752VY together with my friends and colleagues !!!!!!!!!

POINT IS, PROBLEMS IS THERE! NO SOLUTIONS

I'm bashing?? I'm fking fans who cares too much about asus!!

you don't have problems and din't help at all, then shut the fyouseeK up. No one will come back, that's why no one is posting. I din't FK up! the problem is there. you want me to invite them all to post here? Nobody have time to care that much.

Jlieu wrote:
YES 16 units of G752VY together with my friends and colleagues !!!!!!!!!

POINT IS, PROBLEMS IS THERE! NO SOLUTIONS

I'm bashing?? I'm fking fans who cares too much about asus!!

you don't have problems and din't help at all, then shut the fyouseeK up. No one will come back, that's why no one is posting. I din't FK up! the problem is there. you want me to invite them all to post here? Nobody have time to care that much.

Thank you for proving your obvious immaturity and causing yourself further embarrassment. As I've told you before, if you dont like ASUS quit bashing them and buying and get yourself a Dell. If you know 16 people who have the same problem, please do invite them to post here.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Jlieu
Level 7
OK, great, congrats and happy for them.

I have zenfone 2, transformer tablet, a desktop with quad SLI asus strix GTX980 , Maximus VII RANGER, Strix pro 7.1 , ROG Gladius , SICA, and a fking $99 mouspad. for years i supports, for years i expect something from asus, i die trying, keep the faith and continue buying and testing.

Notebook start from G750JX, G750JZ, G751JY, NOW G752VY. first screen bleeding problem then i purchase another one. then purchase another one again for my girls.
i'm bashing? I participate any 80% of all asus event and won nothing, i joined CHARITY FREE Services for my universities asus notebook services for years, i help friends on purchase on asus accessories and products downtown. i always suggest and recommend friends on Asus for years.

I'm bashing? I waited 2 month for my RMA on first G750JX due to burned GPU, I RMA G751JY for 4 times due to DEAD problem and many i don't even wanna talk about anymore. For your info, Asus service center in my country are operated by 18 years old boy and girls who know nothing about "Computer".

Jlieu
Level 7
Great, so thats why asus never improve. because they have people like you who never understand others. Same type animals, who just blame others and secure your own laws and never understand.

The most embarrassing and award moment, when all my friends bashing and complain on the products that i suggest [ G752VY ] during lan party and i'm the only lonely fan who ( seems to ) be blamed. you never understand how much i bleed inside.

Reference :
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?47781-Worst-Warranty-experience-ever!!-Don-t-buy-any-Asus-...
http://www.nkkhoo.com/2011/12/30/five-reasons-you-should-not-buy-asus-products-dont-tell-me-i-do-not...
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/3420962/all
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/2639974/all

JustinThyme
Level 13
Here we go again...........................
Im going to leave this alone, my guess is you will have an ASUS bashing party with yourself.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Jlieu
Level 7
Thanks for accompany me in the party. You still think i'm joking while i'm crying writing this. Bye.

Jlieu
Level 7
Do not update BIOS now, For any G752VY users. Wait for the official notice and release. It is now removed. But still can be found under "Other" in operating system drop-down.

Jlieu
Level 7
Rolling back to 206 , everything works perfect. So now will stick to 206.

Confirmed.

JustinThyme
Level 13
I was asking if JOHATASH was successful with the resources already posted of if he needed assistance. I was under the impression from your other posts that you only flashed one of your 3 G752VY machines and it bricked in the end and went back for RMA but you still had two more that worked fine and didn't change them.