cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG G750jx Frame drop problem

Blacktower
Level 7
I have a big problem, i've updated all drivers from Asus site and while i'm playing the frame rate drops drastically ! I've called the customer support and they told me to update drivers, but i've done this a million of times, pls help me
3 REPLIES 3

hmscott
Level 12
Blacktower wrote:
I have a big problem, i've updated all drivers from Asus site and while i'm playing the frame rate drops drastically ! I've called the customer support and they told me to update drivers, but i've done this a million of times, pls help me

Blacktower, we need more information. What games are experiencing frame rate drops? What kind of drops? Lag type - momentary, or extended? Do you see any system messages pop up, like "Display driver restarting"? or do the games exit unexpectedly?

When you reboot do the games run ok for a while, and then start having the low FPS problem after a time, or do the low FPS problems start as soon as you start the game?

Did you download updated drivers from the G750JX location only, or did you look for and find newer versions in the support sites for newer ROG laptops?

List of places to look for latest drivers in Asus support:
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?57948-nVIDIA-vs-ASUS-drivers-for-GeForce-980M&p=477402&view...

Are these network based games, or locally only played games - is it network lag, disk lag, CPU limited, GPU limited? Are the games web based, java applets, or locally executed programs?

What do the monitoring programs like hwinfo64, GPU-Z, CPU-Z see for temps, frequencies, % load on CPU/GPU during both times when the FPS is good, and when it lags?

Think about what you need to debug these kind of problems, like version numbers of drivers - video and otherwise, games names/versions, network type used - wifi/ethernet, etc and list them when asking for help debugging. All the info you need is the same info we need to assist you.

You can also google for the name of the game(s) you have problems with, and look for help in support sites for those games. Typically if your laptop is up to date it is a game specific - or a general network ISP / DNS problem affecting everything. It is occasionally hardware, but almost always configuration of software - system or game - or both.

Hang in there, we always find the problem - there are a lot of experienced gamers and systems people here in the forums 🙂

When you figure this out on your own, after gathering the above info it sometimes provides an insight to you as to the problem, please come back and list all the info, debugging you did - how you found the problem, and how you fixed the problem.

Whether you need/get help from us here, please do come back and let us know how it works out - I am sure it will help someone else in the future searching for solutions here in this forum 🙂

It happens when i'm playing both online boh offline,if disable vertical sync the game go Very Well. I've installed the BIOS version 209 and i've the last of asus nvidia drivers downloaded from the site,the gpu and CPU themperatures is from 35 to 45 grades. Il I don't upgrade the drivers when i restore the system i have no problems

UPDATE: my cpu temperature is 67 grades right now, this is the first time that temperature go very high

now i'm not playing i just turned on my pc : http://i.imgur.com/BRh7PuS.png

SFU2236
Level 7
These threads need more attention, I see dozens of threads on this topic with 0 solutions and few replies.

Here's what happens to me, seems to be the problem elsewhere (Or variations of it)

SOME games have a dramatic performance drop. My character seems to be lagging similar to a ping of 1000+, but everything else functions fine. It is not a ping lag and the graphics seems fine (For example, I get this issue on BF4 multiplayer but not single player)

I have tried 3 different GPU drivers, all do the same
It ONLY effects some games. Source engine games and BF4 multiplayer are only effected. Evolve, Insurgency and more are flawless
The performance issue makes the games unplayable. Reinstalls and reformat has done nothing
All other drivers have been updated in my laptop, problem persists

It's almost like every 5-10 seconds my PC drops down to 1fps/1000ping however everything else moves around me completely normal. Tanks and jets fly by without skipping a beat, everyone tells me I look like a laggy **** despite our mic convos having no lag. Other programs do not lag and the performance monitors seem fine on my end.