cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request new Bios version for Asus G752VS OC edition

Simao
Level 7
Hi Asus and Asus Workers/moderators on this forum.
Has been in this forum many complaints about the Asus G752VS OC edition. It seems that the overclock version have a bios problem, that are causing overheat and throttling.
In "extreme mode", of the gaming center, while gaming, the temps reach to 95 ºC, and sometimes more, what causes throttling. The problem is being caused by high voltage used on the CPU.
This can also damage the laptop. Some users can "fix" this problem by using "programs" or the bios to solve, but others dont have the "knowledge" to do this.
Trying can corrupt the Bios and all th system. Also, after that they will lose the warranty, because changes on the system and in the bios.
It seems that the problem can be solved by an "undervolt" in the CPU.
What we ask/want, is a new bios version, an update with lower voltage, that can handle the cpu "in extreme mode" with good temps. With a "good undervolta" the system can handle at 75ºC.

How long we will be waiting?
Please take in consideration your clientes and consumers, to improve further the product.

Thanks
20 REPLIES 20

Delosari wrote:
Hello Dreamonic. I am trying to follow your posts and I wonder if I could have your opinion on these issues:

1) I have the G752VM from last week. I did a clean install after some issues and I installed the drivers from the asus website except the ROG utilities. Also I installed the latest driver according to nvidia geforce experience. At this point the fans where switching on and off every two minutes (I think they kick around 45 and my iddle temperatures are around 43-47ºC). In the asus help app they told me to installed the gaming center and the turbo gear updater. Now the situation is better: The temperatures are around the same but less noise. However, the picture you uploaded is a different version than mine. Which one are you using and from where do you download it?

2) I would like to have two profiles: One "quiet" for coding, downloading, watching videos, and one for "gaming". Do you have something for that? would you share its configuration?

3) I would not dare to go more into the bios. But I would like to try the ThrottleStop is there any post already for these laptops?

thanks

If you have an VM version - there is no need for you to even read all of this. VM works just fine. Stop looking for trouble.
G614JV

DeltaActual wrote:
If you have an VM version - there is no need for you to even read all of this. VM works just fine. Stop looking for trouble.

I have always used throttlestop and XTU, but recently I decided to try OC at a BIOS level. But my system doesnt have any OC options. I tried to download the winflash utility but it says my BIOS is newer. What do I do??

Thanks in adavnce.

The_Cool_Dude
Level 10
Hello.

The screenshot Dreamonic provided looks to be from Version 2.0.0 however do follow his advise. I tried it but it messed up my system. If you have a G752VS that you want to overclock, use ThrottleStop or if you are brave enough, try his BIOS hack that he talked about. I'm using ThrottleStop.

Feralant
Level 7
I have the same situation as eddieboy912 which my Bios doesnt show OC options. My Bios version is the latest 310. Any suggestion on this?

Feralant wrote:
I have the same situation as eddieboy912 which my Bios doesnt show OC options. My Bios version is the latest 310. Any suggestion on this?

Could that be because you don't have a G752VSK (OC Model). The latest posted G752VSK (OC Model) Bios is version 302.

Bios version 310 is for the non-overclocked version G752.
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

jdfrench3 wrote:
Could that be because you don't have a G752VSK (OC Model). The latest posted G752VSK (OC Model) Bios is version 302.

Bios version 310 is for the non-overclocked version G752.

Sorry forgot to mention mine is G752VS-XB72K OC Edition. What should it be the bios version? Thanks in advance!

The latest bios that will work with the ROG G752VS OC Edition (7th Gen Intel Core) is the latest Bios for the ROG G752VS (7th Gen Intel Core) (Non-OC Edition):

Version 304 2018/02/09
Homebuilt Windows Server

jdfrench3 wrote:
The latest bios that will work with the ROG G752VS OC Edition (7th Gen Intel Core) is the latest Bios for the ROG G752VS (7th Gen Intel Core) (Non-OC Edition):

Version 304 2018/02/09

Mine is 6th Gen i7 6820HK, can I still update to this BIOS?

Thanks again jdfrench3!

No, you need Version 310 2017/08/01.

Your model is ASUS ROG G752VS-XB72K - OC Edition 17.3-Inch Gaming Laptop (i7-6820HK, 32GB RAM w/256 GB SSD + 1TB, Windows 10)

Chipset CM236
Homebuilt Windows Server

jdfrench3 wrote:
No, you need Version 310 2017/08/01.

Your model is ASUS ROG G752VS-XB72K - OC Edition 17.3-Inch Gaming Laptop (i7-6820HK, 32GB RAM w/256 GB SSD + 1TB, Windows 10)

Chipset CM236

Yes that is my current BIOS. Last night when I played PUBG with "Extreme Mode" the CPU temp was between 90-96 degree celcius and GPU somewhere around 90. Was this normal temp and if not, what should I do to reduce it? Even after I set to "Standard Mode" the temp was still around 90 (with high setting in game).

Thanks in advance..