cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Razer Tartarus

gazzacbr
Level 10
http://www.razerzone.com/gb-en/gaming-keyboards-keypads/razer-tartarus

Having read here about people with keys wearing out and even breaking I bought myself a Razer Tartarus.
And also prompted by my wife saying stop banging that keyboard so hard or you will break it. Yep, shes got a point.
Well, how else do you kill honey badgers and wolves?????

I didnt want to buy a full gaming keyboard as that takes up too much space with the laptop.
They also had the bigger and a lot more expensive Orbweaver, about 560aed compared to 330aed. I didnt think it was worth it.

My verdict after a couple days of Far Cry 4.
Great, fantastic, the best, why didnt I buy one before?
Out of the box the main banging keys are all fine and its easy to just change the ingame settings to use the keys you have on the pad.
I have to say I didnt think I used that many keys but have assigned all of them and the mini stick.
Its easy to re-assign any key and the mini stick to any keys you want. Although it was a bit of a pain having to install the settings program online but after that you can disconnect and just use ofline (which is how I play anyway)

The only key i actually use on the laptop now is the esc key which is no big deal as that is only for settings in the menus anyway.

Highly recommeded.
Asus G750JX-CV050H||GTX770M||24GB ram||120hz 3D screen||
1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD||500GB Crucial M4 SSD||500GB Crucial M4 SSD in DVD Bay
free bag and mouse :cool:
win 8.1||win 7||win xp||server 2008||os x mavericks||linux mint 16
11 REPLIES 11

Darnassus
Status Under Review
I've always wanted to run one of those.. but it doesn't have enough keys for me. Only 15 and I use over 20 in WoW, plus another 12 with my Naga Epic. Not sure what I'd use the stick for though..

Darnassus wrote:
...Not sure what I'd use the stick for though..

no comment...

how many fingers do you have anyway 😉
looks like you will have to pay the extra for the Orbweaver then 🙂

Darnassus
Status Under Review
gazzacbr wrote:
no comment...

how many fingers do you have anyway 😉
looks like you will have to pay the extra for the Orbweaver then 🙂

Why would you even say this? You're at times aggressive gazzacbr in quite a few of your posts. My question is legitimate so if you won't answer it kindly then please do not answer at all. ':f

themeonster wrote:
I use the Logitech G13 mostly because I like logitech and want to keep the random gaming peripheral programs running in the background to a minimum. And due to my pitiful and unreliable internet connection, I am not a fan of synapse's demand to be connected. But regardless they are cool and I enjoy mine. A good alternative to a whole keyboard when you have a limited space.

Synapse doesn't need to be connected all the time I believe, it needs to have internet to install your drivers and so on, but once you've done that, you can go 'offline mode' pretty much forever. ( Of course it's a good idea to let your settings go up to the cloud for safe keeping though, not only that, but it's traffic is negligible, at least so far as I've found.

For the past month quite a few updates have been crammed in though, not sure what they're doing right now..

themeonster
Level 7
I use the Logitech G13 mostly because I like logitech and want to keep the random gaming peripheral programs running in the background to a minimum. And due to my pitiful and unreliable internet connection, I am not a fan of synapse's demand to be connected. But regardless they are cool and I enjoy mine. A good alternative to a whole keyboard when you have a limited space.

gazzacbr
Level 10
@Darnassus: er, what, calm down.

the smilies at the end of my comments mean that it was a joke.

you obviously take your gaming a lot more seriously than me as you need so many buttons.
i just run and shoot 😉

i was trying to help by suggesting to look at the Orbweaver which is basically the same but with the extra buttons you need.

yes, you are right about synapse. only need connection to install.
if you read my first post i did say "but after that you can disconnect and just use offline"

Darnassus
Status Under Review
No it's not anything to do with how I take my gaming. It was how you rudely shrugged off my statement, question or moment of not understanding how the thumbstick works. Please be more insightful.. this forum is meant to help people.

You made me go search elsewhere, making me feel unwelcome to question you anymore.

gazzacbr
Level 10
@Darnassus: "the smilies at the end of my comments mean that it was a joke."

i also have no use at all for the thumbstick but i am sure that 'real' gamers could put it to good use.
maybe flight simulator or something like that.

my original report was meant to be helpful.

i am sorry you clearly have no sense of humour.

Cryptoxic
Level 7
WoW player here. I use both the Nostromo and the Naga for about 2 years now and it's still going strong. I might mod the Nostomo's lights to be green to go with my Naga's green light but yeah, the keypads and mice survived over 2 years of constant dropping, smashing and it still works. One of the reasons why I like the durability of Razer stuff.

@Darnassus Which wow realm you play on? I might take a visit. 😄

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Cryptoxic wrote:
WoW player here. I use both the Nostromo and the Naga for about 2 years now and it's still going strong. I might mod the Nostomo's lights to be green to go with my Naga's green light but yeah, the keypads and mice survived over 2 years of constant dropping, smashing and it still works. One of the reasons why I like the durability of Razer stuff.

@Darnassus Which wow realm you play on? I might take a visit. 😄

Hehe I ride Private servers. PM if you want more details.

I'm surprised you call the Razer gear all durable, I've been treating mine delicately and I still get cord frays and the paint wears off on the thumb keys.

Still love my Naga Epic to bits though.. ❤️ I've disassembled it twice to completely clean it out, it sure does collect a little dirt I must admit.