cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about maxxaudio wizzard

troomc4
Level 7
So I was hearing some crackling in my Astro A40's so I updated my realtek audio driver. So far no crackling.

But I opened up the maxxaudio wizzard and noticed something different.

Here is what it looked like before I updated the driver. (not my image, taken from another thread on here)


And here is what it looks like now.


The maxxdialog know is now gone. Anyone else have that happen?
5,257 Views
8 REPLIES 8

hmscott
Level 12
troomc4 wrote:
So I was hearing some crackling in my Astro A40's so I updated my realtek audio driver. So far no crackling.
But I opened up the maxxaudio wizzard and noticed something different.
Here is what it looked like before I updated the driver. (not my image, taken from another thread on here)
And here is what it looks like now.
The maxxdialog know is now gone. Anyone else have that happen?


troomc4, the first dialog, look at the area just below the dials, where it says Speakers Small Medium Large, and compare against the other dialog, where it says Headphones Small Medium Large, that is the difference - the AudioWizard dialogs are for different output's, so the available corrections / adjustments are different.

You can close the AudioWizard, open the Sound control panel and set the Default/Active Audio output device to the one you want, and then reopen the AudioWizard to get the correct output / correction dialog.

troomc4
Level 7
Before I upgraded to driver. The wizard looked like the top image when I had my headphones plugged in. Now it doesnt and the 3rd knob is gone. I opened the sound control panel and set the audio output to both the ASTRO gaming USB mixamp (sound was very low) and the one thats checked now. With both the 3rd knob is not there. When I have nothing plugged in and using the laptop speakers, there is still no 3rd knob.

So if I'm doing something wrong and not looking in the right spot let me know. It's not exactly the biggest issue in the world. lol Maybe hey even got rid of the knob for all I know.

troomc4 wrote:
Before I upgraded to driver. The wizard looked like the top image when I had my headphones plugged in. Now it doesnt and the 3rd knob is gone. I opened the sound control panel and set the audio output to both the ASTRO gaming USB mixamp (sound was very low) and the one thats checked now. With both the 3rd knob is not there. When I have nothing plugged in and using the laptop speakers, there is still no 3rd knob.

So if I'm doing something wrong and not looking in the right spot let me know. It's not exactly the biggest issue in the world. lol Maybe hey even got rid of the knob for all I know.


Your Sound Control Panel is showing a Astro Gaming Mixamp device, which can drive headphones, are your headphones plugged into the Astro device or the laptop Headphones jack?

troomc4 wrote:
Before I upgraded to driver. The wizard looked like the top image when I had my headphones plugged in. Now it doesnt and the 3rd knob is gone. I opened the sound control panel and set the audio output to both the ASTRO gaming USB mixamp (sound was very low) and the one thats checked now. With both the 3rd knob is not there. When I have nothing plugged in and using the laptop speakers, there is still no 3rd knob.

So if I'm doing something wrong and not looking in the right spot let me know. It's not exactly the biggest issue in the world. lol Maybe hey even got rid of the knob for all I know.


troomc4, please post images of these settings/dialogs, in these modes.

1) unplug everything, and select Speakers (not the Astro device) as default, and open the AudioWizard (having been closed before changing the device to Speakers), and post that dialog - not a sample from elsewhere, what you are seeing now.

2) plug in your headphones into the laptop headphones jack, select output device as Headphones, and then open the AudioWizard and post that dialog - what you are seeing now, not a sample from elsewhere.

3) plug in your headphones into the Astro device, select that device, and then open the AudioWizard and post that dialog.

That will show us what you are seeing now, in all 3 possible modes, and we can work from there. 🙂

troomc4, this is what I see when opening the AudioWizard for Speakers and Headphones (plugged into the laptop, and selecting output device as headphones).

Speakers
38389

Headphones
38389

hmscott
Level 12
troomc4, here is what Audio Wizard looks like for me on .7235 Realtek driver on Speakers and Headphones.

Speakers
38390

Headphones
38391

So, it looks like MaxDialog is missing from this driver version, or is broken somehow... look around at the Realtek HD Audio Manager settings, I didn't see anything, so if you find it, post it!

And, if you can't find it - back up to the last version of Realtek HD Audio Manager, and see if MaxDialog comes back.

I haven't notice any problems understanding Dialog, so I am not rolling back...

troomc4
Level 7
Well according to the 3 post down on this thread page, http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?34135-Waves-MaxxAudio-gone-solved/page8 by Dr4g0n36, 7156 were the last ones to include the dialog dial/knob. So theres that.

Anyways. here are the 3 images.

Nothing plugged in:

Just headphones:

headphones with the amp:


Pretty much nothing changed. I think they just removed the dialog dial. I'm not sure what it did, but its probably not a big deal I would assume.

troomc4 wrote:
Well... 7156 were the last ones to include the dialog dial/knob. So theres that.
...
Pretty much nothing changed. I think they just removed the dialog dial. I'm not sure what it did, but its probably not a big deal I would assume.


troomc4, 7156 is pretty old, I am at 7235, what version did you have on your G750JM that had the MaxDialog dial? The download area for the JM has Version V6.0.1.7164 as the earliest...

If you do back up to a version with MaxDialog, please post back here and let us know if it makes a sound difference 🙂

If you uninstall the Realtek HD Audio Manager driver you have installed, you can use Asus Install to re-install the version that came with your laptop - from the C:\eSupport folder

38396

You would uncheck everything you don't want installed, and only leave checked what you want installed - like the Realtek driver.