cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Q?-MOD] Swapping Sentelic Touchpad for Synaptics Touchpad on G74SX

Miliano
Level 9
Hi All,

Has anyone here swapped the Sentelic touchpad hardware for a Synaptics Touchpad on a G74SX? Or is it even possible?

Can you just swap the touchpad, or would you need to swap the whole Keyboard/touchpad cover assembly?
would the connectors be the same for both touch pads and keyboard etc?

does every G74SX use the same Motherboard? if so I would think it would be safe to assume the connector pins are the same for both touchpad hardware connectors

Really dont like the Sentelic touchpad, the software is not as fluid and functional as Synaptics, and nor do they have continuous software updates to take advantage of WIN8 gestures like Synaptics has done.

I have asked an asus service center here in sydney if it can be done, and they couldnt even be bothered to give it any thought or take a look, making excuses like they are not allowed to mix match parts from other editions even if they are from the same model and bla bla bla.

so if anyone here has done so, or has any thoughts in doing so, could you please share your experiences or thoughts.
Cheers.

4 REPLIES 4

numanuk
Level 7
watch a youtube disassembly guide and see if you can take the touchpad away from the keyboard assembly. if you can i would say they are interchangable.
[G74SX-BBK11] 1080p i7-2670QM GTX 560M 2GB 8GB RAM 128GB SanDisk SSD BIOS 203 /w BD-PROCHOT disabled

numanuk wrote:
if you can i would say they are interchangable.

yeah, I'm about to disassemble it to look at the connector type and see if the touch pad can be detached from the keyboard.
I see you have the BBK11, which touch pad do you have? sentelic or synaptics?

numanuk
Level 7
Synaptics, I did a search on ebay and i've notised there are no touchpads you can buy seperately i think it is part of the keyboard
[G74SX-BBK11] 1080p i7-2670QM GTX 560M 2GB 8GB RAM 128GB SanDisk SSD BIOS 203 /w BD-PROCHOT disabled

Miliano
Level 9
ah man, respect. thanks for going out of your way to search around. you really didnt have to. much appreciated 😄

well at least i know which model I can order the keyboard assembly for now anyways.
And hey, If you plan to disassemble your rig for any reason sometime soon, it would be cool if you could take some pics, as will I and post the on here to cross reference.