cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Putting new SSD into G750JM but have some questions with old HDD

RedBatman
Level 7
Hello I'm putting a new SSD into my Asus G750JM, I have a gaming desktop but I still use this laptop and I did replace the HDD in this Laptop before but now it's with an SSD and my concern is that.

I'm going to keep the WD Black HDD as storage space for games since the SSD is only 250GB and the HDD is 1tb. I'm going to do a clean install an not a clone but my concern is that when I plug back in the HDD, will I have driver conflicts with the Nvidia Card and other drivers too?
2 REPLIES 2

ThrashZone
Level 10
Hi,
Use the boot menu to boot to the ssd and the hdd will just be another drive connected
Do with it what you want at that point.

To get files off of it you'll likely have to take ownership of the hdd the os will protect it usually

Which brings another question
Is the hdd encrypted.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Clintlgm
Level 14
RedBatman wrote:
Hello I'm putting a new SSD into my Asus G750JM, I have a gaming desktop but I still use this laptop and I did replace the HDD in this Laptop before but now it's with an SSD and my concern is that.

I'm going to keep the WD Black HDD as storage space for games since the SSD is only 250GB and the HDD is 1tb. I'm going to do a clean install an not a clone but my concern is that when I plug back in the HDD, will I have driver conflicts with the Nvidia Card and other drivers too?

Yes it would be best to remove your old hard drive, then after you have your OS installed on the new SSD, Connect your old hard drive VIA USB either SATA to USB or external hard drive case what ever you have around then format the old drive as a logical drive. Then you can reinstall it in your notebook with out issues.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro