cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with G752VL-DH71

Maquiavel
Level 7
Hello everyone,

I just bought the asus a week ago from newegg in Canada, and here's some of the problems I've been having with it:

*Cursor gets slow and laggy all of the sudden randomly.
*With only Chrome open the computer freezes every time I try to go to the next picture on facebook.
*Anything gets the CPU to go to 100% of usage on task manager.
*With my last computer, an MSI that costed half as much as this G752VL, I could do any of the following and still browse chrome while doing: Importing pictures on Lightroom, exporting video on either Premiere or After effects. On the Asus the cursor gets laggy and unresponsive.
*Even typing sometimes is a struggle, the letters take seconds to appear after typing.

Do any of these problems sound familiar?
Computer is a week old with basic and Adobe CC programs installed

i7 6700HQ (2.60 GHz)
16 GB Memory
1 TB HDD
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 965M 2 GB GDDR5
Windows 10 Home 64-Bit
9 REPLIES 9

Clintlgm
Level 14
Yes it sounds like your having issues, Why don't you try a F9 recovery, Hit F9 on a full reboot it will put your notebook back as it was when you brought it home. Then pay attention to the software you install one of them probably caused your issues?
If your notebook was acting this way when you first got it, if you have a return period I would consider that if you can't get it straighten up.
your issues seem to be driver conflicts so again pay attention as you reinstall software so that you find the one that is causing the issues.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

InfernoStorm
Level 10
Could be a driver issue that's causing the mentioned issues. I recommend downloading and using DDU to clear all the drivers then reinstall the newest drivers from the product page on ASUS website.

Yeah, I thought it could be a driver issue as well.
The weird thing is that it behaved like this out of the box, so my first action was to upgrade all drivers and updates available for windows, I didn't change a thing.

I got in touch with newegg and I'm returning the laptop as soon as I find a box that will fit it, someone threw the one it came with away.

I'll update the thread once I get the new one. I just wanted to see if anyone was having the same issues.

Thank you for the help!

MafJose
Level 7
Ex-ROGer here sharing experience with Dell 7559. I had same issue, updating to the latest BIOS version seemed to work for me (dont want to jinx it though). Maybe wanna give it a try, might help.

Hey guys, newegg did not accept to replace since there's no hardware problems, apparently they do some kind of 12 hour analysis and it didn't show anything.

My question is this: What the hell can I do?

Go straight to ASUS RMA?
Go back on the BIOS (I have 208)?
Go driver by driver uninstalling, checking if that was the problem, if not, reinstalling it?

I'm really frustrated, I have a ton of work to do and this laptop was my only tool.

THank you!

I wouldn't waste time trying driver by driver, either restore to factory, Refresh or Reset windows or Clean install. For me it would be to not waste time a clean install with the latest drivers from Asus Support downloads You can create Install media or download an ISO from Microsoft here I would download the Intel IRST driver and have it available on the same media that your installing from. you may need to install it for the clean install to see your SSD. Be advised that MS updates will attempt to install there default drivers you have to look at each set of updates and hide them to keep them from installing. here is a good =Hardware and Drivers"]tutorial on how to turn on and off driver updates in win 10
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
I wouldn't waste time trying driver by driver, either restore to factory, Refresh or Reset windows or Clean install. For me it would be to not waste time a clean install with the latest drivers from Asus Support downloads You can create Install media or download an ISO from Microsoft here I would download the Intel IRST driver and have it available on the same media that your installing from. you may need to install it for the clean install to see your SSD. Be advised that MS updates will attempt to install there default drivers you have to look at each set of updates and hide them to keep them from installing. here is a good =Hardware and Drivers"]tutorial on how to turn on and off driver updates in win 10

Just out of interest. If you did the Windows 10 Reset my PC that removes all programs apps etc ,does that also remove all the Asus bloatware, just thinking that could be the ideal lazy mans reinstall procedure! :eek:

Yes a windows reset will only reinstall windows 10, and windows drivers which could cause problems for you too. Most likely not though. You will need Asus ATK , and some other software from the Asus Support Download
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

JustinThyme
Level 13
My experience with reset is it takes it right back to out of the box condition. If you have bloatware then you will have it again. Selecting to remove programs and personal just removes all apps and personal files that were not there when you bought it. I just did this the other day and when you are done its like you took it out of the box and hit the power button. Starts off with "Hi".
If you select to leave them then all apps and personal files added from new condition are left intact.

I I was the OP I would do an out of the box restore as just described and take it back to where it was. If its fouled up in that state then it is a hardware issue. Ill about bet my left testicle that you have malware that has taken up residence.

One other thing you can try before you jump off the deep end is to run a good AV (Macafee and Norton are NOT worth a hoot, I use ESET NOD32) and run Malwarebytes https://www.malwarebytes.org/ from safe mode.

Ive seen this exact behavior hundreds of times and it was always malware, virus, or incompatible software.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein