Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with CPU after repair

Retired
Not applicable
Hi guys.

I have a problem with my G53Jw.
After it came back from repair (broken dc pin) it is acting very strange. When using the computer to play ex youtube movies or play games, the CPU suddenly goes up to around 100% and stays there.

What i can see is that the CPU multipliers changes rapidly between 9x and 21x when this is happening. Didn't have these sorts of problem before the motherboard was changed.

I'm thinking some sorts of BIOS problem, and i have updated all the drivers on the computer, and reinstalled with the default image.

Tried stresstesing it again now, and the CPU core speed is at 425 Mhz and Multipler at 3X, anyonw have a clune whats going on?

Any good tips? Dont want to send it back again for RMA 😞
7 REPLIES 7

BrodyBoy
Level 10
bigmedium wrote:
I'm thinking some sorts of BIOS problem, and i have updated all the drivers on the computer, and reinstalled with the default image.

I'm not sure what you mean here.....are you saying you first tried updating drivers, then restored the factory image?

Retired
Not applicable
When i got it back it was all screwed up so i reinstalled the computer with the recovery, then updated the drivers to the newest version.

It seems like the multiplier and Core Speed decreases when it gets under heavy load? Like playing a YT video gets up to 100% and it starts stutter, then acorind to CPU-Z the values decreases. Shouldn't one expect the opposite to happen?

bigmedium wrote:
It seems like the multiplier and Core Speed decreases when it gets under heavy load? Like playing a YT video gets up to 100% and it starts stutter, then acorind to CPU-Z the values decreases. Shouldn't one expect the opposite to happen?

Have you checked the CPU temperature? It'll throttle back the speed if it gets too hot.

Retired
Not applicable
Temperature is around 85 celsius when cpu is at 100%
and around 79 when it's idle

bigmedium wrote:
When i got it back it was all screwed up so i reinstalled the computer with the recovery, then updated the drivers to the newest version.

Okay, that's good. Sorry I didn't understand that at first.

No...it seems counter-intuitive, but the more cores it's using, the lower the multiplier.

Retired
Not applicable
BrodyBoy wrote:
Okay, that's good. Sorry I didn't understand that at first.

No...it seems counter-intuitive, but the more cores it's using, the lower the multiplier.

Hmm i just got the Core speed down to 142 mHz and Multipler to 1x.

Hmm after reading some about this feature, ive founds it's calle Intel Speedstep, and you should be able to turn it of in BIOS, you know where it is? Haven't found anyting CPU related in teh BIOS settings.

Retired
Not applicable
Lame cpu, try to get a refund.
It dosen't work out of the box and will never work.