cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with backlit~G55

sing_css
Level 9
I have a problem with my backlit, when I press the power button, the laptop will turns to sleep mode. When I turn it on again, I found that I am unable to switch on the backlit~I've tried reinstall the ATK, but the problem still not solved. Anyone know why is this happen? ><"
76 REPLIES 76

NNY
Level 7
A quick update.

BiOS 214 didn't thoroughly resolve the headphone jack problem. When the headphone is already plugged in, it will still emit sound until you replug it again. But at least I didnt have to mute it and unmute through VIA Audio Deck like BIOS 208. The keyboard backlight problem is completely resolved though!

214 and 209 didnt work for my frozen power button after shut down. im currently using 209, im getting pretty scared on bios bricks that why i settled for 209, i am from philippines and have problem with shippings for RMA (if i want to return it for a fix)

rewben
Level 13
@pdiwi, oh you have the same problem as i do with the latest bios, too. and you're in another place without a local service center 😕

well, 209 is not that bad (to me everything is OK). with w8 it's faster than i thought so i will keep using it.

Dreamonic
Level 12
You just need to use this to get your keyboard lights working again (follow the guide in there for setup). Special thanks to Gary Key.

Dreamonic wrote:
You just need to use this to get your keyboard lights working again (follow the guide in there for setup). Special thanks to Gary Key.

Thank you so much for letting me know about this...

But strange thing happend - followed the instructions, also double checked on the original forum if this works on other laptops than G73JH and after running "fixmykb" in the DOS the flash tool showed me "Can't write data, Return code -1" but after pressing ctrl+alt+del to restart the notebook the KB lights came up!! And in windows I just intalled the latest ATK package and now the KB lights are working!!!
So I don't know I should write on forum to say a big thanks to Gary Key because even his tool returned error and I saw no "flash processing" (whole precedure took max 5 seconds for me to read wtf the error is and press ctrl+alt+del), it obviously remind my KB to light up!

samuelius wrote:
Thank you so much for letting me know about this...

But strange thing happend - followed the instructions, also double checked on the original forum if this works on other laptops than G73JH and after running "fixmykb" in the DOS the flash tool showed me "Can't write data, Return code -1" but after pressing ctrl+alt+del to restart the notebook the KB lights came up!! And in windows I just intalled the latest ATK package and now the KB lights are working!!!
So I don't know I should write on forum to say a big thanks to Gary Key because even his tool returned error and I saw no "flash processing" (whole precedure took max 5 seconds for me to read wtf the error is and press ctrl+alt+del), it obviously remind my KB to light up!

Worked for me with g751gy and exactly as you mentioned!

In prep I had removed the latest ATK then booted off usb drive and ran command, restarted and instantly lights working but no controls, installed the ATK, restarted, and everything is good!

Something to note for others trying this, I had to mess around in bios enabling CSM (to enable reading of DOS boot language) and toggled secure boot feature and quick boot features (not sure if toggling changed anything, but initially I had trouble booting off the flash drive).

Awesome

Dreamonic
Level 12
Yes,

I had that same error message displayed as well and it worked for me too (G751) after restarting. That fix works on every model of ROG notebook with keyboard lights it seems.