cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem USB 3.0 G74SX

Giako
Level 7
Hello everyone!
I have a problem with the USB 3.0 port ...
I state that I use Windows 7 Home Premium (the house) .... I have installed the latest driver downloaded from USB3_Fresco_Win7_64_Z3540 forum but nothing to do ....
Basically when m pitch some big files, it stops halfway and then stops ... it's as if you disconnect the 'external hard drive and connected again soon after ....
Someone can help me?
Thank you all!
Asus G74sx-91328v 3D ~ GTX560M 3GB ~ 16GB Ram ~ 750GB 7200rpm ~ SSD Intel 520s 120GB ~
5 REPLIES 5

Giako
Level 7
I also noticed that moving a file from hard disk to 3.0 pc working properly ... 130/160mb/s...ma not be easily reached on the contrary ....
does anyone know anything about it?:(
Asus G74sx-91328v 3D ~ GTX560M 3GB ~ 16GB Ram ~ 750GB 7200rpm ~ SSD Intel 520s 120GB ~

fuzon1337
Level 10
I do remember that I saw a thread where someone tried out a patch or something that fixed the issue for the usb 3.0 with external harddrives 1TB, but I can not find that thread, gosh* -.-

I think you should pm @brodyboy and ask him... perhaps he know 🙂
And if someone know which thread I'm talking about I would appreciate that it would be posted here 🙂
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205

BrodyBoy
Level 10
Giako wrote:
Hello everyone!
I have a problem with the USB 3.0 port ...
I state that I use Windows 7 Home Premium (the house) .... I have installed the latest driver downloaded from USB3_Fresco_Win7_64_Z3540 forum but nothing to do ....
Basically when m pitch some big files, it stops halfway and then stops ... it's as if you disconnect the 'external hard drive and connected again soon after ....
Someone can help me?
Thank you all!

Give this a try:

• Download the Fresco driver 3.5.24.0
  • Open Device Manager, and uninstall all the USB devices
  • Restart, and let Windows discover and re-install all the USB2.0 devices (this can take a few minutes)
  • Install the Fresco driver (using its executable installer file, FLUSB3.0-3.5.24.0)
  • Install the patch included in the Fresco package (AsPatch10430001)

Giako
Level 7
Hello ... I tried to do it this way ... but nothing belonging to that when I click on the patch does nothing (is this normal?, Launches only just a batch?) ....
Then what is really strange how, practically passing a file from hard disk to the pc works fine, but from my PC hard drive no ... this is likely due it from?
Does anyone have any idea how I could fix? 😞

Giako wrote:
Hello ... I tried to do it this way ... but nothing belonging to that when I click on the patch does nothing (is this normal?, Launches only just a batch?) ....
Then what is really strange how, practically passing a file from hard disk to the pc works fine, but from my PC hard drive no ... this is likely due it from?
Does anyone have any idea how I could fix? 😞

I'm sorry....I don't understand what went wrong with the driver installation. Could you explain?

And what is the problem behavior? What do you mean by "passing a file from my PC hard drive" mean? Can you explain what external drive you are using and what the problem is?