cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROBLEM: DOS USB-PEN not booting up

ciccio80
Level 9
Hi I created a DOS USB-BOOT pen drive with the "rufus" utility.
I let the program format and create a dos boot USB pen (fat32). Then I copy al the DOS OS files on the pen.

When I try the USB on an older notebook (Sony Vaio, 2010) and set it t boot from usb, I get into MS DOS normally.
But when I try to boot the same pen from my G751JY, it does not read it and instead skips back to the bios menu.
I never imagined I would have problems with this. Is there a way to make a bootable MS-DOS USB key work with G751JY?
13 REPLIES 13

TugaPower
Level 8
Yes, it work, it's the one aime using over mine to flash Bios. Where did you get mooded Bios?

ciccio80
Level 9
No I don't have a modded bios yet, but I am actively reading forums on how to mod AMI bios. Maybe I can open up some hidden menues and (more important) find out how to make GSync work with our pre-july 2015 G751JY's.

ciccio80 wrote:
No I don't have a modded bios yet, but I am actively reading forums on how to mod AMI bios. Maybe I can open up some hidden menues and (more important) find out how to make GSync work with our pre-july 2015 G751JY's.

Good luck, over mine its already oppen several menus, but dont find anything related to G-Sync , Only menu i'm cannot make to appear its the chipset menu, even with the flag to show active it wont show up. Never the less good luck with that.

TugaPower wrote:
Good luck, over mine its already oppen several menus, but dont find anything related to G-Sync , Only menu i'm cannot make to appear its the chipset menu, even with the flag to show active it wont show up. Never the less good luck with that.

Thank you. What kind of menu were you able to open up?
P.S. I sent you a PM