cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

power connector pin broke on my G53jw

Retired
Not applicable
Where the cable plugs into the laptop, the central pin in the jack broke off into the power cord... now, I cannot charge (or use) my computer.

I am wondering if others have seen this problem.
What can I do to fix this?
367 REPLIES 367

ok, they've told me to get confirmation letter from Asus about this problem, that they are fixing it anywhere on earth..

Retired
Not applicable
That's good to hear.

Now, to add to MY issues... they made the repair, just fine... EXCEPT they didn't plug in the antenna lead for the wireless... so, now it is heading back to CA to have that repaired.

Retired
Not applicable
Hello all just bought a G53 & am now alittle freaked out about this. I bought the laptop acouple of weeks ago and was woundering if Asus may have updated their plug. My connector seems very snug when plugging it in and looking at my pin it really doesnt look that fragile to break. Can someone please post a pic of their broken pin for comparison?

Retired
Not applicable
Yes, this happened twice to me....first time i called and shipped it in and now its starting to do it again and its the connector not the charger itself. This laptop is stupid...worse decision ive ever made buying this piece of crap

Retired
Not applicable
It happened a month or so ago and again today the pin broke and is lodged in the end of the charger.

Retired
Not applicable
This happened to me, too. Thanks to whoever posted links to those L converters; I really hope they help because it's blatantly obvious the pin's going to break again and my warranty expires in November. 😞

This thread NEEDS to be stickied!!! Pretty please.

Are these pins solid or hollow? I've never heard of big, beefy power pins like this breaking until now.

Are you people going to LAN Dance parties or what?
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

Retired
Not applicable
JRd1st wrote:
Are these pins solid or hollow? I've never heard of big, beefy power pins like this breaking until now.

Are you people going to LAN Dance parties or what?

LOL. No, I'm actually treating the laptop extremely gently. The problem is the power supply plug, which is extremely heavy and plugs straight into the side of the laptop. It's not an "L" or "elbow" connection; it's straight. Just by being plugged in, it puts a large amount of pressure on the charging pin (which is solid). I just got mine back from Asus yesterday, and if I nudge the plug it already moves the pin a bit. It seems so fragile that I've unplugged it and am not going to use the laptop until I get one of those "L adapters" in the mail. I'm hoping if I use the adapter and tape it in place so it can't move, it won't break the pin.

I guess it was sort of a bad idea to use a straignt connector . But, no matter how many break I wouldn't bet on Aaus using anything else unless it's by chance or if they get a better deal for adapters "L" connectors.
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

Just Happend to me today for the second time .... sucks cus i really like how asus performs, but this power pin is very defective
and i do digital art and gaming 5-6 hours a day, such a frigin pain in the arse, i dont think my next laptop will be asus probably go viao or something