cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible Graphics Card Failure on G750JX?

KlsFs
Level 7
Hi all, I had been using G750JX for over 3 years now.
It worked fine and I was very satisfied with the performance of the laptop, up until recently.

I began experiencing shutdowns / black screen (non-recoverable) while gaming, and the shutdown usually occurs at 10 minutes mark into the game.

The problem started when I accidentally tripped on my back with the laptop in my backpack (I broke my ROG mouse because of this).

For shutdowns it behaves like the laptop overheated. Since I had troubles with my cooling fan before (fixed under warranty), I know the symptoms of an overheating GPU. However for this case, the symptoms are not present. For example, the temperature is constantly 75-80 degree Celsius throughout the gaming session (up until it shuts down) and the fan is working normally.

A weird thing I noticed during unresponsive black screen (also a result of intensive gaming sessions) is that the game still runs on the background, only the screen is all black and unresponsive. After about 30 seconds into the black screen error, my laptop's fan will go full blast (really loud) and my only option is to restart the laptop.

Low settings on games and non graphic intensive games will not cause the problem.

May I ask if there is anyone experiencing the same problem? I would like to know if this is a hardware or a software issue.
Thanks in advance.

tl;dr: I accidentally damaged my laptop. It will now cause shutdowns / blackscreens during gaming. Non gaming sessions are fine.
1 REPLY 1

Bill
Level 7
Hello KlsFs
I would recommend you to send your unit for RMA since you mentioned that you have damaged the unit
the engineers will take a closer look at your unit, thank you