cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Performance on Asus G750JS - Why?

rmcalpine27
Level 7
About 18 months ago, I purchased a new Asus G750JS, and I love the laptop itself. It runs quickly, and has a nice solid feeling. It handles everyday fantastically.

A major gripe with it is how poorly it runs games. I get huge amounts of lag on most games, which I can't believe is the norm for a £1200 laptop with a Core i&7 processor and a GTX 870M.

I reinstalled Windows 8 the other night and updated the graphics driver through the GeForce Experience, fed up with the way it runs, in an attempt to clean everything out, to absolutely no avail.

Out of interest, I tried running the Windows Experience Rating to see what sort of score it would get. The Graphics ends up with a rating of 5.5, the lowest by far.

What can I do about this? Games like Minecraft are almost unplayable without a severe reduction in quality, and Fallout 3 was incredibly laggy. It's a gaming laptop that struggles to run games.
2 REPLIES 2

rmcalpine27
Level 7
I'm seriously at the end of my tether here, pulling my hair out over this laptop.

Can anyone offer any insights at all please? 😞

rmcalpine27 wrote:
I'm seriously at the end of my tether here, pulling my hair out over this laptop.

Can anyone offer any insights at all please? 😞

Hello my friend.

I own a G750JS and I can tell you that is impossible to get these terrible results. First of all get all of your drivers uptaded, and then make sure that the application which you are trying to get the optimal performance uses the NVIDIA GPU. Just to remember you, this notebook has a GTX870M with NVIDIA Optimus technology, and it keeps alternating the NVIDIA GPU and Intel dedicated graphics sometimes. Maybe the reason for your bad performance its because the application is using Intel graphics and not the NVIDIA GPU.

Let me know if you fixed it =D