cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

please help.. ASUS G751JL-BB71 shuting down/restarting issues..

tresvilles
Level 7
Hello, i have my ASUS G751JL-BB71 for about 3 weeks i got almost 20 i have this problem while playing DOTA 2 and Final Fantasy XIV: A realm reborn.

The first time i have this issue is when i was playing dota 2 it was like it just restarted on its own then after reconnecting to my game several minutes later it happens again but the second time it happened its like it lagged with a buzzing sound then couple of seconds after that it restarts. About 3 to 5 times it'll be like that before i can play the game continuously without having that trouble.

is it supposed to be really like that? because i'm really worried about this matter since i bought it on bestbuy last august only..

please help me.. thank you guys.. 🙂 🙂
6 REPLIES 6

navis995
Level 11
Check if it's the temperature issue.

Download Fur Mark for GPU and let it run for 15 minutes. If it doesn't crash or laptop restarts it's not the GPU. (Also while you do this see the T and if they're too high for your liking clean your laptop fans and replace thermal paste)

Then download Prime95 and test your processor. Again test it for 15 minutes and if it doesn't crash it's not CPU either. (Do the same if the T are not to your liking and clean the fans and repaste CPU)

For paste I'd advise something like Gelid GC Extreme (Try as little metals in paste as possible and non corrosive and non conductive)

IF it didn't crash/restart it's not CPU nor GPU, that leaves MEMORY, HARD DRIVES, MOTHERBOARD or something else.

For Memory you can use Memtest and run that (That runs once and test for possible corruptions)

For Hard Drive you can use Crystal Disk Info and see if it reports any errors, if it doesn it's most likely the cause for your problems.

For Motherboard I really don't think it could be the reason behind it as there's really nothing you can do to screw it up so maybe try updating the bios or downgrading it?

Hope this helps.
Asus Rog G750JZ
Screen: 1920x1080 17.3'
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4700HQ (3.4Ghz @ -70mV)
GPU: GeForce GTX 880M 4GB (OC +125Mhz Core, +600Mhz Memory @ 1.062V)
RAM: Samsung 32GB 1600MHz
Storage #1: Samsung Evo 840 250GB
Storage #2: Samsung Evo 850 500GB
Storage #3: Seagate Barracuda 2TB
Storage #4: Samsung Evo 128GB MicroSD

Gps3dx
Level 12
@navis995... Dude... advanced/complex answer already ? :confused:
Think simple ( at first at least ).... drivers !:rolleyes:

@tresvilles - Have you download&installed the latest Nvidia geforce driver, from NVIDIA's site ?

Does your "restart" phenomena include BSOD screens ?
if yes -> download "BlueScreenView" and share more info from there. ( what dll causes that bsod ? )
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]

@navis995 thanks for the details of the tests that you want me to do and i'm doing it right now.. i'll tell you if it shuts down or not..

@Gps3dx the restarts thats happening to my laptop is not the BSOD.. when it shut down it just restarting even when it hangs with a buzzing sound it doesn't result to BSOD it'll just stay for around 5-15secs with the buzzing sound.. and yes i download and installed all the Nvidia geforce drivers..

@navis995 I've done all the the tests but nothing seems wrong on all of the things you said to me sir.. but after all of that even though i didn't even play it restarted again.. what should i do with this problem? should i upgrade my OS?

Corporal
Level 9
I'm pretty sure it's a hardware issue. You should RMA the laptop or return it if bestbuy still accepts it.

Gps3dx
Level 12
@tresvilles - couple more things to try out before RMA.
1. make sure it isn't windows fault:
try to use another OS, like free ubuntu... you don't need to install it on the HDD... just put it on a USB, and boot - download chromium ( linux's chrome version ). then, try to do some browsing 3d test ( there are alot of HTML5 3d online benchmarks out there, which should load your GPU and might also the cpu as well ).

2. if you don't thing it's a software/OS problem... before RMA...
you can open the back door of the lap ( as you are allowed to do so without breaking the warranty... heck.. even ASUS rog themself publish guides for that + it's written in the manual of the laptop ).
take note of the ram cards direction.
Then, try to take the RAM cards out, clean them with little amount of ethanol 95%/alcohol 95% ( it's the same ) on pure cotton.
make sure NOT to leave any fibers around.... try also to clean the ram's slot the same way.
return the ram cards into the slots in the same direction as before.

as your laptop is new, we don't need to discuss dusk, that might "close" an electric circle, which might cause that problems.

if after that, problem retains.... RMA the damn unit...
make sure to photo your laptop all around... cuz asus's RMA partners tend to scratch the laptops, as it ISN'T asus themself taking care of the laptop but a 3rd parties/outsourcing agencies.... that way, you have proofs if something goes wrong.
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]