cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

playing almost any game is unbareable. please read...

whatcorey
Level 7
okay so, first let me post my rig info
Asus ROGL752VW
16 gigs of ram
intel i7 processor with intel graphics card
Nvidia geforce gtx 960M 4gb vram
windows 10 home

Playing any game is basically impossible because i play old games like counter strike 1.6, call of duty, day of defeat, and even some new games. The main problem games are oblivion, counter strike 1.6 , condition zero, and source. (global offensive works fine) So whenever i start a game, i make sure vsync is on, then after about 30 seconds, i get a diagonal line going through the screen from the top left corner to the top right corner. It goes away when i turn vsync off though in game, however i get a one second freeze while an enemy appears or is doing something. its hard to explain, its like game hiccups, or stuttering, or even frame skipping. To put it in easier words, when patrolling a map, i walk, stop and freeze for one second, then keep going. it happens non stop all game making it unbearable to play, it happens in oblivion every single time an enemy shows up. I've sent this laptop in 3 times now, the next time i send one in they will maybe replace it. I just want there to be a fix for this, because if not then my warranty will replace me for another one. I've tried reformatting, updating all graphics cards drivers, and installing all updates, however nothing works. If there anyone that can help me with this, please let me know. Thank you.
19 REPLIES 19

Buellersdayoff
Level 7
Xbox app> settings > disable game dvr

just tried that, still getting the issue. I made sure game dvr was turned off. ahh this is killing me

Jali24
Level 7
Monitor your gpu with msi afterburner. I believe there is some kind of core clock dropping happening when you get low fps?
Can you post a picture of monitor graph here?

Jali24 wrote:
Monitor your gpu with msi afterburner. I believe there is some kind of core clock dropping happening when you get low fps?
Can you post a picture of monitor graph here?

Im trying to figure out how to use MSI Afterburner, i know how to screen shot, but how do i maximize the graph to where you can see all of it?

i tried posting the picture on here, but when i click upload photo it keeps telling me its an invalid file. Do you have skype or teamviewer? that way i could show you the screen graph

Detleg
Level 12
it says dettach, then it will pop out to your left

60960 60961

Detleg wrote:

60960 60961

here

Detleg wrote:

60960 60961

did you get it? is something wrong?

Buellersdayoff
Level 7
Run the game for a while and when you notice problems go back to afterburner then screen shot, also scroll down and take a second screen to get the complete graph

Hitchy
Level 7
To get rid of hiccups and freezes try running your games from an SSD. It worked for someone that had same problem as you see over here our friend ARMESIS was having the exact same troubles as you and it worked for him moving his "problematic" games to SSD!

Hitchy wrote:
To get rid of hiccups and freezes try running your games from an SSD. It worked for someone that had same problem as you see over here our friend ARMESIS was having the exact same troubles as you and it worked for him moving his "problematic" games to SSD!

Yup! Thanks for that advice lol, so far so good 🙂

Im just confused why the HDD causes lag spikes though...