cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

playing almost any game is unbareable. please read...

whatcorey
Level 7
okay so, first let me post my rig info
Asus ROGL752VW
16 gigs of ram
intel i7 processor with intel graphics card
Nvidia geforce gtx 960M 4gb vram
windows 10 home

Playing any game is basically impossible because i play old games like counter strike 1.6, call of duty, day of defeat, and even some new games. The main problem games are oblivion, counter strike 1.6 , condition zero, and source. (global offensive works fine) So whenever i start a game, i make sure vsync is on, then after about 30 seconds, i get a diagonal line going through the screen from the top left corner to the top right corner. It goes away when i turn vsync off though in game, however i get a one second freeze while an enemy appears or is doing something. its hard to explain, its like game hiccups, or stuttering, or even frame skipping. To put it in easier words, when patrolling a map, i walk, stop and freeze for one second, then keep going. it happens non stop all game making it unbearable to play, it happens in oblivion every single time an enemy shows up. I've sent this laptop in 3 times now, the next time i send one in they will maybe replace it. I just want there to be a fix for this, because if not then my warranty will replace me for another one. I've tried reformatting, updating all graphics cards drivers, and installing all updates, however nothing works. If there anyone that can help me with this, please let me know. Thank you.
19 REPLIES 19

Buggsy
Level 7
Try this. First, set your power plan to "high performance".
http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2843-power-plan-settings-change-windows-10-a.html

Next, make sure the game is using the GPU rather than the integrated graphics card.
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/infraworks-360/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles...

This is a common problem for all rog laptops. Some games it runs fine, but most others it stutters like mad. Try uninstalling/disabling rog game first, this has helped some people.

Edit - You can try this as well
http://windowsreport.com/stutter-games-diagnostics-policy-service/

Armesis wrote:
This is a common problem for all rog laptops. Some games it runs fine, but most others it stutters like mad. Try uninstalling/disabling rog game first, this has helped some people.

Edit - You can try this as well
http://windowsreport.com/stutter-games-diagnostics-policy-service/

i have disabled that, i only have rog gaming key, but i believe that is also disabled. I just tried the link you gave me, but no luck. every time an enemy or ally, objective is complete, or an event happens in the game, it starts skipping and everything freezes for 1 second, then loads. It does this when ever anything appears in the game.

Have you tried running on "compatibility mode"? I know with much older games I sometimes would have to because of older directx, ect, but not so far on this ROG. There's my novice 2 cents, not sure if your issue is something else all together but I hope you can work it out.

MaxG73jh wrote:
Have you tried running on "compatibility mode"? I know with much older games I sometimes would have to because of older directx, ect, but not so far on this ROG. There's my novice 2 cents, not sure if your issue is something else all together but I hope you can work it out.

Tried that, under different OS settings. All of it causes it to crash on start. My long quest for an solution continues....

whatcorey wrote:
i have disabled that, i only have rog gaming key, but i believe that is also disabled. I just tried the link you gave me, but no luck. every time an enemy or ally, objective is complete, or an event happens in the game, it starts skipping and everything freezes for 1 second, then loads. It does this when ever anything appears in the game.

Yeah pretty much the same with my system. Right before the bullet/arrow hits the target it freezes up. recently i tried reinstalling the Realtek drivers as recommended, but still it didnt make any difference. Keep researching the problem outside the ROG forums, if/when we find the solution, we should report back here. All the best lol.

Have you tried changing application specific/3d settings in the nvidia control panel? Windowed mode, change resolutions, try with/without running as admin... if you choose integrated graphics, does anything change? No error messages/warnings ever occur either? I assume you are plugged into power as well, hmm that's bizarre.

At least worst case scenario you'll get a brand new replacement, they really have no choice if they can't even fix/identify the issue themselves lol. Still let us know what happens.

MaxG73jh wrote:
Have you tried changing application specific/3d settings in the nvidia control panel? Windowed mode, change resolutions, try with/without running as admin... if you choose integrated graphics, does anything change? No error messages/warnings ever occur either? I assume you are plugged into power as well, hmm that's bizarre.

At least worst case scenario you'll get a brand new replacement, they really have no choice if they can't even fix/identify the issue themselves lol. Still let us know what happens.

Im running tests now, will let you know, thx.

I tried compatibility mode, and this happens in signle and multiplayer, also i tried the integrated graphics card set as primary, but the issue was still there. i will try tinkering with the control panel again, but im thinking its my hard drive. like i stated before my computer didnt have this issue when i first bought it. So far, the games it happens in is cs 1.6, cs source, cs condition zero, day of defeat, oblivion, call of duty 1 and 2, and united offensive. No errors pop up, although when i first purchased the laptop my graphics card would crash alot, and after getting it returned to me from Asus, they said they "apparently" checked the graphics card, which i highly doubt they did.

Here's and example of whats happening in my games. This isnt my video, but its the only video that i found where im having the same issue. Watch the background from 0:06 to 0:12. Thats the issue im having.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuUY23RiCJM