cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PETITION: ASUS, please allow G-SYNC support on existing G751's!

Zombievac
Level 9
ATTENTION, UPGRADE NOW AVAILABLE:
Please see ROG G751JY/JT G-SYNC upgrade program link below:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?82612-G-SYNC-Upgrade-on-ROG-G751JY-JT-Laptops-Now-Availabl...

Hello all,

Asus seems undecided on whether they're going to allow official G-SYNC support on the existing G751's purchased before now (? - I don't know the official date, they just said this month I believe).

Please "sign" this petition by posting... even if you don't think you'll need the feature, you'll want it someday, trust me.

ASUS: Even if there are licensing fees involved or whatever, if that is indeed the reason you wouldn't offer it to existing owners.. then at least let us pay the fee for it! Something... anything!

The amount of brand-loyalty to be gained from giving this feature to existing owners would build more goodwill than you're imagining. Market it! Tell the world that you were the first to give this major support release to existing owners!

Thanks!
920 REPLIES 920

DocX36
Level 7
Zombievac wrote:
Hello all,

Asus seems undecided on whether they're going to allow official G-SYNC support on the existing G751's purchased before now (? - I don't know the official date, they just said this month I believe).

Please "sign" this petition by posting... even if you don't think you'll need the feature, you'll want it someday, trust me.

ASUS: Even if there are licensing fees involved or whatever, if that is indeed the reason you wouldn't offer it to existing owners.. then at least let us pay the fee for it! Something... anything!

The amount of brand-loyalty to be gained from giving this feature to existing owners would build more goodwill than you're imagining. Market it! Tell the world that you were the first to give this major support release to existing owners!

Thanks!

I notice that the latest driver (358.50) on Win 8.1 allows you to now create a custom resolution, and it let's you put a custom refresh rate also- can someone verify that this will work also with Windows 10?

Edweird
Level 10
All of the drivers on all of the OS that I have used have allowed you to set custom resolutions and refresh rates.

Retired
Not applicable
Yes please

Please, someone crack this software and have Gsync enabled. I can't play on my laptop without it. looking on my friend Asus G5xx model the one with 950m laptop without Gsync looking like crap compare to windows 8.1 with the Gsync enabled drivers in GTA V. it's like 2 worlds. I can't upgrade drivers and I can't upgrade windows.

warryabel
Level 7
gsync run on win 10 with injected nvkdlm.sys or gtool2 ?! you must read...

antoine52200
Level 8
I know i said i would wait december to see if there are any changes on this matter, but we all know it'll never come.. I'm tired of checking forums every weeks for "good news".. it's just inacceptable for the price i paid this laptop! the lack of support from ASUS (or NVIDIA what ever...) is disrespectful.

So tonight i bought a new MSI GT72 i7-6820HK 980m/8go 16go RAM with G-SYNC! I should have it in a couple of weeks and when i do, i'll sell this 4 months old G751JT and NEVER BUY AN ASUS PRODUCT AGAIN!!

This is coming from someone who had ASUS laptops for the past 7 years. The G751 is a great laptop but it's just CRAP without G-sync now and i won't get stuck on beta drivers for ever, forced to block windows update and missing on graphic updates.

All of this for a 100 bucks software!!

antoine52200 wrote:
So tonight i bought a new MSI GT72 i7-6820HK 980m/8go 16go RAM with G-SYNC! I should have it in a couple of weeks and when i do, i'll sell this 4 months old G751JT and NEVER BUY AN ASUS PRODUCT AGAIN!!

It would have been a bigger insult to asus if you bought an msi laptop that didnt ship with g-sync that the they later added support for.

cdncowboy wrote:
It would have been a bigger insult to asus if you bought an msi laptop that didnt ship with g-sync that the they later added support for.

Maybe yes, but they lost a good customer over a stupid software and horrible communication.

When you see that the G-sync models now are cheaper than what i paid for mine this is just a joke and an insult

antoine52200 wrote:
Maybe yes, but they lost a good customer over a stupid software and horrible communication.

When you see that the G-sync models now are cheaper than what i paid for mine this is just a joke and an insult

I agree with you there on the poor communication. From Nvidia and Asus. They should habe been very clear from the get go that added g-sync support in driver and bios updates was only for Gsync certified g751's, Not all G751 as it appeared.

antoine52200 wrote:
I know i said i would wait december to see if there are any changes on this matter, but we all know it'll never come.. I'm tired of checking forums every weeks for "good news".. it's just inacceptable for the price i paid this laptop! the lack of support from ASUS (or NVIDIA what ever...) is disrespectful.

This is coming from someone who had ASUS laptops for the past 7 years. The G751 is a great laptop but it's just CRAP without G-sync now and i won't get stuck on beta drivers for ever, forced to block windows update and missing on graphic updates.

All of this for a 100 bucks software!!

You do realise that that exact MSI also had G-Sync enabled with the leaked driver? And that MSI customers also haven't gotten an upgrade, they're in exactly the same boat as you are! This isn't an ASUS specific issues, and going to MSI is not going to solve your problem because their old GT72 has the exact issue your old G751 had. They both had G-Sync with G-Tools and the alpha driver, and now neither one of them have support and people aren't hearing a word from the manufacturers.
In the end you're problem is "solved" because you bought a new laptop to get G-Sync, and that would be the only way to get G-Sync regardless of whether you initially bought an MSI or ASUS laptop.