cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PETITION: ASUS, please allow G-SYNC support on existing G751's!

Zombievac
Level 9
ATTENTION, UPGRADE NOW AVAILABLE:
Please see ROG G751JY/JT G-SYNC upgrade program link below:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?82612-G-SYNC-Upgrade-on-ROG-G751JY-JT-Laptops-Now-Availabl...

Hello all,

Asus seems undecided on whether they're going to allow official G-SYNC support on the existing G751's purchased before now (? - I don't know the official date, they just said this month I believe).

Please "sign" this petition by posting... even if you don't think you'll need the feature, you'll want it someday, trust me.

ASUS: Even if there are licensing fees involved or whatever, if that is indeed the reason you wouldn't offer it to existing owners.. then at least let us pay the fee for it! Something... anything!

The amount of brand-loyalty to be gained from giving this feature to existing owners would build more goodwill than you're imagining. Market it! Tell the world that you were the first to give this major support release to existing owners!

Thanks!
920 REPLIES 920

escha wrote:
not really no. I will not give instructions here but it is easy to check for the HW ID of your GPU and the same hardware CAN have diffrent IDs, it's what they mark it.
On the other thread some1 shared with us the response from asus support stating that (for that time) only 2 HW IDs for GPU can allow g-sync - one for 970m (starting 1618) and 1 for 980m (1617). Non of the pre june asus laptops have such hw ids, even the gpu is the same
It has nth to do with cpu to seperate g-sync from non-g-sync laptops.
PS: read the other thread... everything is there (link in my previous post)

Thank you for your answer. But please do tell me how to check for this HW ID you talk about on my G751

mijicm1
Level 7
I would like to clear something up - this petition is to "allow G-SYNC support on existing G751's!, not just the JY model. Before sending the petition please remember that there are some people who own the JL model (which has the same panel and G-Sync enabled GPU), for example, and we would like to have this support as well. 🙂

lzuber81
Level 7
up!

Akik82
Level 8
Hi. Anybody tried to install 347.88 driver + G-tools v2 on Windows 10 ? Does it work ?

akik82 wrote:
hi. Anybody tried to install 347.88 driver + g-tools v2 on windows 10 ? Does it work ?

i did, but there is a problem when i try to install g-tool beta 2 and instalation does not get complete 100%

silverjoel07 wrote:
i did, but there is a problem when i try to install g-tool beta 2 and instalation does not get complete 100%

Install G-tool 2 beta in safe mode, that worked for me!

krisvr wrote:
install g-tool 2 beta in safe mode, that worked for me!

but you mean on windows 10?

silverjoel07 wrote:
but you mean on windows 10?

Yes!
With Windows 10, when I tried to install G-tool 2, it gave me error or file in use while installing...smth like that. I booted into Safe Mode in Windows 10 and it installed just fine!

KrisVr wrote:
Yes!
With Windows 10, when I tried to install G-tool 2, it gave me error or file in use while installing...smth like that. I booted into Safe Mode in Windows 10 and it installed just fine!

thanks man, it work for me too;)

Carnoustie
Level 9
346.87 win8x64 leaked drivers and no G-tools works on win 10 but there is a problem with windows update wanting to replace the driver,there are ways round the windows update problem.