cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PETITION: ASUS, please allow G-SYNC support on existing G751's!

Zombievac
Level 9
ATTENTION, UPGRADE NOW AVAILABLE:
Please see ROG G751JY/JT G-SYNC upgrade program link below:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?82612-G-SYNC-Upgrade-on-ROG-G751JY-JT-Laptops-Now-Availabl...

Hello all,

Asus seems undecided on whether they're going to allow official G-SYNC support on the existing G751's purchased before now (? - I don't know the official date, they just said this month I believe).

Please "sign" this petition by posting... even if you don't think you'll need the feature, you'll want it someday, trust me.

ASUS: Even if there are licensing fees involved or whatever, if that is indeed the reason you wouldn't offer it to existing owners.. then at least let us pay the fee for it! Something... anything!

The amount of brand-loyalty to be gained from giving this feature to existing owners would build more goodwill than you're imagining. Market it! Tell the world that you were the first to give this major support release to existing owners!

Thanks!
920 REPLIES 920

Edweird
Level 10
Well, extra hardware could be half a square inch pcb with a chip on it tucked towards the back of the laptop.
It might cost more, it might not. I wouldn't pay $100 for a license to use G-SYNC, for example.

silverjoel07
Level 7
Signed !!!!

IsraelzinhoBR
Level 7
Signed

Korth
Level 14
It seems a moot argument since the easiest solution for everyone would simply be a new submodel/variant of the laptop which ships with G-Sync, even if it costs a little more.

My question is whether G-Sync is even useful on these laptops. As in, would anybody ever actually game >60fps enough to notice the difference, can the GPU hardware churn out that many frames, is the display panel even capable of >60Hz anyhow?

Otherwise, FWIW, I give my "signature" to this petition. I may never buy this laptop model, but a few years from now whatever model I will buy could be a whole lot better if G-Sync has become standard issue.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Korth wrote:
It seems a moot argument since the easiest solution for everyone would simply be a new submodel/variant of the laptop which ships with G-Sync, even if it costs a little more.

My question is whether G-Sync is even useful on these laptops. As in, would anybody ever actually game >60fps enough to notice the difference, can the GPU hardware churn out that many frames, is the display panel even capable of >60Hz anyhow?

Otherwise, FWIW, I give my "signature" to this petition. I may never buy this laptop model, but a few years from now whatever model I will buy could be a whole lot better if G-Sync has become standard issue.

Well my laptop has 970m SLI, so it can definitely do 60fps+ on new titles. As for the display, they can go up to 100Hz (or that's what mine is running at anyways)

Korth wrote:

G-SYNC is definitely worth it. For one, you gain performance with it because you no longer need v-sync, so you get higher FPS at the same settings overall, with all the increased smoothness G-SYNC also provides. Plus, whether you think you want it (if you game, you do want it, trust me), why be hesitant to encourage Asus to improve their customer service/satisfaction? 🙂

And, FYI, the display is easily capable of OCing to 100Hz, and although there are supposedly risks with that, no one has had an issue from it, and supposedly you'd notice visual issues with the display and could tehn turn down the OC before causing any real damage.

Zombievac wrote:
why be hesitant to encourage Asus to improve their customer service/satisfaction? 🙂

Because the G751 is already so well made, without any customer complaints recieved quality and service wise!

Just trolling 😉 Yea, Asus, get your sh*t together.

serbicu
Level 7
Every display in g751jy is capable of 100HZ oced.

Bayerius
Level 7
i got my asus g751 yesterday.. how can i check if i can activate gsync`? no new nvidia driver available that let me activate gsync in in nvidia control panel... my laptop is exact 1 day old... i rly hope i didnt have to send it back

i have a Asus ROG Gaming G751JT-T7093H with a 17.3 IPS LED screen and a GTX 970m

ya_clinbin
Level 7
Signed