cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PETITION: ASUS, please allow G-SYNC support on existing G751's!

Zombievac
Level 9
ATTENTION, UPGRADE NOW AVAILABLE:
Please see ROG G751JY/JT G-SYNC upgrade program link below:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?82612-G-SYNC-Upgrade-on-ROG-G751JY-JT-Laptops-Now-Availabl...

Hello all,

Asus seems undecided on whether they're going to allow official G-SYNC support on the existing G751's purchased before now (? - I don't know the official date, they just said this month I believe).

Please "sign" this petition by posting... even if you don't think you'll need the feature, you'll want it someday, trust me.

ASUS: Even if there are licensing fees involved or whatever, if that is indeed the reason you wouldn't offer it to existing owners.. then at least let us pay the fee for it! Something... anything!

The amount of brand-loyalty to be gained from giving this feature to existing owners would build more goodwill than you're imagining. Market it! Tell the world that you were the first to give this major support release to existing owners!

Thanks!
920 REPLIES 920

greek_m43
Level 7
Signed!

IsraelzinhoBR
Level 7
signed!

xamoel
Level 8
Signed!

Boxis
Level 7
I would insta send my laptop to asus service, if there would be a chance for us to change the panel for G-Sync one. But obviously there will always be some little detail which prevents us old users to get the G-Sync running.
This is clear marketing strategy at its best in my opinion, just to sell as many products as possible.

JesseKHarms
Level 7
Signed.

TheFallenPengui
Level 9
Good day everyone,
So I've been basically lurking here for quite some time, don't own an Asus laptop so I never had a need to register. I own an Aorus X7 Pro, they were also supposed to get G-Sync support. So I contacted Aorus a few times over the last couple of days, and I finally got a meaningful answer from them. They said that it isn't just a matter of giving a driver to enable G-Sync, they said that the laptop also needs a license for G-Sync support (They most likely have to pay a licensing fee to Nvidia for G-Sync support), so to get G-Sync on these new laptops the companies had to pay Nvidia for licensing, even though our old laptops can support G-Sync we never (and therefore the companies never) paid a license for our laptops.

I was really pissed when I first found out that my brand new laptop won't support G-Sync, but their reason for not supporting it is understandable. They're a company and if they now have to pay a license for all the laptops they previously sold they would lose money.
With all of that, I'm fine with my laptop not supporting G-Sync as they did have a valid and understandable reason not to support it on their old models. They (Aorus) also said that they forwarded my message to an engineer and he will evaluate whether there is a chance of getting a paid upgrade to the new model in the future.

TheFallenPenguin wrote:
Good day everyone,
So I've been basically lurking here for quite some time, don't own an Asus laptop so I never had a need to register. I own an Aorus X7 Pro, they were also supposed to get G-Sync support. So I contacted Aorus a few times over the last couple of days, and I finally got a meaningful answer from them. They said that it isn't just a matter of giving a driver to enable G-Sync, they said that the laptop also needs a license for G-Sync support (They most likely have to pay a licensing fee to Nvidia for G-Sync support), so to get G-Sync on these new laptops the companies had to pay Nvidia for licensing, even though our old laptops can support G-Sync we never (and therefore the companies never) paid a license for our laptops.

I was really pissed when I first found out that my brand new laptop won't support G-Sync, but their reason for not supporting it is understandable. They're a company and if they now have to pay a license for all the laptops they previously sold they would lose money.
With all of that, I'm fine with my laptop not supporting G-Sync as they did have a valid and understandable reason not to support it on their old models. They (Aorus) also said that they forwarded my message to an engineer and he will evaluate whether there is a chance of getting a paid upgrade to the new model in the future.

Interresting. Could you post this here please to continue to debate : http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?61959-G-Sync-Drivers-Official-NVIDIA/page9
Regards

Jlieu
Level 7
My old G750 completely no hope right ? lol

For my G751JT, im still using leak driver that run G-sync.

Signed

Comodus
Level 7
Absolutely Signed.

I have G751JY-T7064D. Is it supporting G-SYNC already? I have 60 hz LED IPS. Or do we have to upgrade new G-SYNC monitor?