cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PETITION: ASUS, please allow G-SYNC support on existing G751's!

Zombievac
Level 9
ATTENTION, UPGRADE NOW AVAILABLE:
Please see ROG G751JY/JT G-SYNC upgrade program link below:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?82612-G-SYNC-Upgrade-on-ROG-G751JY-JT-Laptops-Now-Availabl...



Hello all,

Asus seems undecided on whether they're going to allow official G-SYNC support on the existing G751's purchased before now (? - I don't know the official date, they just said this month I believe).

Please "sign" this petition by posting... even if you don't think you'll need the feature, you'll want it someday, trust me.

ASUS: Even if there are licensing fees involved or whatever, if that is indeed the reason you wouldn't offer it to existing owners.. then at least let us pay the fee for it! Something... anything!

The amount of brand-loyalty to be gained from giving this feature to existing owners would build more goodwill than you're imagining. Market it! Tell the world that you were the first to give this major support release to existing owners!

Thanks!
419,050 Views
920 REPLIES 920

aupoi351 wrote:
I totally agree with the post above.
No official g-sync on my G751= no more ASUS products for me.


What you say is like expecting to get a new Photoshop version for free just because it can run on your machine. Fact has it that G-Sync was NOT available when you purchased this laptop so ASUS has to do **** about it. If they give it to you, it is generousity because an upgrade like this sure deserves some extra price tag.
ASUS G751JY | i7-4720HQ | GTX 980M | 16GB RAM | M.2 SSD + HDD | WIN 10

ROGTWAT wrote:
What you say is like expecting to get a new Photoshop version for free just because it can run on your machine. Fact has it that G-Sync was NOT available when you purchased this laptop so ASUS has to do **** about it. If they give it to you, it is generousity because an upgrade like this sure deserves some extra price tag.


Sorry, but this is not an upgrade(if it were I would gladly pay for something extra), it has been proven allready (with the leaked driver and the official relese of bios 207 than renamed).If not for these facts, I wouldn't care less.49617

serbicu wrote:
Sorry, but this is not an upgrade(if it were I would gladly pay for something extra), it has been proven allready (with the leaked driver and the official relese of bios 207 than renamed).If not for these facts, I wouldn't care less.49617


You can not seriously expect a company to release every R&D project to the customers just because they ask for it. It just doesn't work that way, it never did and it never will. Now with this particular issue nvidia has a bit more pressure on them because of the theoretical uselessness of their modules but they could just as easily sit it out. When the GTX 1080 comes out people will be scratching their door, bright eyed and bushy tailed and most of them are those people now saying they will NEVER buy from them again, it's ridiculous 😄
ASUS G751JY | i7-4720HQ | GTX 980M | 16GB RAM | M.2 SSD + HDD | WIN 10

ROGTWAT wrote:
You can not seriously expect a company to release every R&D project to the customers just because they ask for it. It just doesn't work that way, it never did and it never will. Now with this particular issue nvidia has a bit more pressure on them because of the theoretical uselessness of their modules but they could just as easily sit it out. When the GTX 1080 comes out people will be scratching their door, bright eyed and bushy tailed and most of them are those people now saying they will NEVER buy from them again, it's ridiculous 😄


I didn't say that and I agree with you on some level, but Asus has no reason to keep us from this gsync thing.

They lose nothing and will sell even more of the existing laptops and the new ones.

Unless Nvidia (which we all know they are capable of anything) forced ASUS by signing some sort of contract not to give the gsync option to existing owners.

Anyway, I'm done with this, just hope someone will give us a modified bios or driver, and that's that.

serbicu wrote:


Unless Nvidia (which we all know they are capable of anything) forced ASUS by signing some sort of contract not to give the gsync option to existing owners.


100% agreed. It is most likely a licensing issue as the original contract did not include it. Asus may be fighting against windmills at this point.
ASUS G751JY | i7-4720HQ | GTX 980M | 16GB RAM | M.2 SSD + HDD | WIN 10

+1 on the signing.

You are right.
Someday we will need to pay to update our nvidia or asus drivers...just because it costs them extra.

aupoi351 wrote:
You are right.
Someday we will need to pay to update our nvidia or asus drivers...just because it costs them extra.


Hah, as funny as it may sound and as far as I recall, ATi and NVidia almost came to a consclusion like that back in 2006. But no, that won't get them any new customers. 🙂

Anyways, back to signing.

serbicu
Level 7
Let's make this petition known on every media, social networks and we will see what Asus have to say.
Let's keep signing this petition!

Maxelek
Level 7
He's saying that G-Sync wasn't listed when u bought your PC, so now they have rights to not give it to your PC even if your PC support it. So now they want to release new version for more money, and support this version with G-sync drivers/bios and more. Am I right? Or I misspelled somewhere?
If there wasn't leaked drivers, and this note above, we wouldn't know that our G751 are able to use G-sync... Damn, this is some deep **** they're doing. I might be wrong though.