cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PETITION: ASUS, please allow G-SYNC support on existing G751's!

Zombievac
Level 9
ATTENTION, UPGRADE NOW AVAILABLE:
Please see ROG G751JY/JT G-SYNC upgrade program link below:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?82612-G-SYNC-Upgrade-on-ROG-G751JY-JT-Laptops-Now-Availabl...

Hello all,

Asus seems undecided on whether they're going to allow official G-SYNC support on the existing G751's purchased before now (? - I don't know the official date, they just said this month I believe).

Please "sign" this petition by posting... even if you don't think you'll need the feature, you'll want it someday, trust me.

ASUS: Even if there are licensing fees involved or whatever, if that is indeed the reason you wouldn't offer it to existing owners.. then at least let us pay the fee for it! Something... anything!

The amount of brand-loyalty to be gained from giving this feature to existing owners would build more goodwill than you're imagining. Market it! Tell the world that you were the first to give this major support release to existing owners!

Thanks!
920 REPLIES 920

Edweird
Level 10
Once again we find ourselves in debt of, well, Nabil.
Thanks man, you're the best. You stuck to it and delievered something even better.
One day, you will get what you deserve and people will respect your work - I know i do and many people here do too.
I will spread this as much as I can among anyone who cares about such things.

EDIT: Holy sh*t. I got a MUCH smoother picture but around 12-15 more FPS in Star Citizen alpha 2.1 with same or lower temps. Wow! I wonder if this actually allows access to the remaining CUDA cores on the GTX980M? I thought the thing about CUDA cores was just an optimization.

Xehanort
Level 8
Haven't checked these boards in a while, so glad someone's working on bringing out the potential in graphic cards. Nab, I haven't tried your work yet, but thank you so much for this. You are awesome! 😄

I just want to ask something: will this tool improve any performance regarding video/photo editing? I don't game all that much, but if this tool improves performance while video editing (rendering, preview, etc.) that is already a HUGE bonus for me!

Xehanort wrote:
Haven't checked these boards in a while, so glad someone's working on bringing out the potential in graphic cards. Nab, I haven't tried your work yet, but thank you so much for this. You are awesome! 😄

I just want to ask something: will this tool improve any performance regarding video/photo editing? I don't game all that much, but if this tool improves performance while video editing (rendering, preview, etc.) that is already a HUGE bonus for me!

Yes it does improve video/photo editing, rendering! you should just try it, and see for yourself, i was septic at first and now i'm keeping it! it really makes a difference. just follow exactly the install instruction and you'll be fine!

antoine52200 wrote:
Yes it does improve video/photo editing, rendering! you should just try it, and see for yourself, i was septic at first and now i'm keeping it! it really makes a difference. just follow exactly the install instruction and you'll be fine!

Well if it does improve video editing performance then, i'm sold.

Time to DDU my machine, install newest drivers and nt tools 😄 I'll report later, but I don't know if i'll be able to provide helpful feedback since I don't have hardware demanding games...

Xehanort wrote:
Well if it does improve video editing performance then, i'm sold.

Time to DDU my machine, install newest drivers and nt tools 😄 I'll report later, but I don't know if i'll be able to provide helpful feedback since I don't have hardware demanding games...

Let me which video editor/3D program you use, I can take a look. Improvement is due to the computing part that touch a large application that include video editing.

nab wrote:
Let me which video editor/3D program you use, I can take a look. Improvement is due to the computing part that touch a large application that include video editing.

Editor I use is Vegas Pro 13.0. I also use Photoshop.

I'll let you knwo after I tinker with it a bit.

ciccio80
Level 9
Well I would say this thead deserves more than a mere 3-stars since a solutions seems to be coming out after all. Vote 5 stars 🙂
Great job nab!

Akik82
Level 8
Hi there !
Just saw the update of this thread and OMG there is a new tool to improve gaming experience. Big Thanks for that Nabil.
I understood (correct me if I'm wrong) that it doesn't add extra fps all the time (depending of the game's engine) but it truly add smooth for almost all the big games. Right ?

So, I want to try it with my G751JY (980M) tonight and I have only one simple question :

I have drivers 355.98 at the moment and I don't plan to update them since it's working very nicely these days. To install NF tools, I MUST uninstall 355.98, then upgrade them, then install NF tools or I can directly install NF tools since I didn't change my drivers for months ?

I understood that the best way to try NF tools is to play big games like GTA V, Batman etc and improve the settings to higher than actual settings, right ? Well, I will post a feddback asap 😄

Akik82 wrote:
Hi there !
Just saw the update of this thread and OMG there is a new tool to improve gaming experience. Big Thanks for that Nabil.
I understood (correct me if I'm wrong) that it doesn't add extra fps all the time (depending of the game's engine) but it truly add smooth for almost all the big games. Right ?

So, I want to try it with my G751JY (980M) tonight and I have only one simple question :

I have drivers 355.98 at the moment and I don't plan to update them since it's working very nicely these days. To install NF tools, I MUST uninstall 355.98, then upgrade them, then install NF tools or I can directly install NF tools since I didn't change my drivers for months ?

I understood that the best way to try NF tools is to play big games like GTA V, Batman etc and improve the settings to higher than actual settings, right ? Well, I will post a feddback asap 😄

To be sure, remove old driver and install them again, then you install NF Tools.
NF tools doesn't give a gain in terms of FPS, mostly make them more stable and provide a more flexible render frame, this way you have a better and smoother experience (make it fluid) and good transition.

NF tools should work on most games but for sure, you will see a better gain on complex and heavy scene that ask a lot of GPU resource.

nab wrote:
To be sure, remove old driver and install them again, then you install NF Tools.
NF tools doesn't give a gain in terms of FPS, mostly make them more stable and provide a more flexible render frame, this way you have a better and smoother experience (make it fluid) and good transition.

NF tools should work on most games but for sure, you will see a better gain on complex and heavy scene that ask a lot of GPU resource.

That's what I was thinking about !
I will :

- Uninstall old drivers with DDU
- reboot
- Install latest available on nvidia site with custom screen at 100hz
- reboot
- Install NF tools, select Nvidia
- reboot

I will improve GTA V settings to see the improvements. Thanks dude !