cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC wil not project to second screen.

Tom_Windschitl
Level 7
So i tried connecting my PC to my TV today using an HDMI cable(just an fyi here i have done it before and it worked) but no matter which display setting i used i.e. duplicate or otherwise it would not project onto my TV. Any clue as to why?
17 REPLIES 17

Tom_Windschitl
Level 7
Well good news, the problem is not my PC. I tried hooking it up to another tv via hdmi and it worked right away. So there is something wrong with my tv i guess lol. Idk i'm just glad its not my PC haha;)

Tom Windschitl wrote:
Well good news, the problem is not my PC. I tried hooking it up to another tv via hdmi and it worked right away. So there is something wrong with my tv i guess lol. Idk i'm just glad its not my PC haha;)

Nice one Tom 🙂

hmscott wrote:
Nice one Tom 🙂

Thanks! I guess maybe my PC just doesn't like westinghouse TV's lol 😛

Tom_Windschitl
Level 7
Ok, well now im confused.... I just hooked up our windows 7 pc to the tv that doesn't work with mine and that worked.....:mad: This is some wierd S*** lol

Tom Windschitl wrote:
Ok, well now im confused.... I just hooked up our windows 7 pc to the tv that doesn't work with mine and that worked.....:mad: This is some wierd S*** lol

Tom, if the G750JW worked with your TV before the reinstall of Microsoft Windows that blew away the OEM Asus install, then there is still something wrong with the G750JW re-install - just because it works with another TV, it isn't working with the TV/connection that worked before.

So there is still some debugging to do on the G750JW Windows / Nvidia configuration - it isn't the TV. 🙂

Did you try the G750JW on your TV again, after it worked with the other TV? Did you save the config to try on your TV?

Tom_Windschitl
Level 7
Ok, well after some back and forth i figured it out. In the multiple displays menu of the nvidia control panel you can click on i cant see my displays. You can then force the pc to look for external displays. Under that option there is another option checked that says force PC to check for TV outputs on startup. So i shutdown the pc left the HDMI connected, started it up and it worked 😄 I dont think i would have slept well knowing i didn't figure it out lol
Thanks for all the help scott!

Tom Windschitl wrote:
Ok, well after some back and forth i figured it out. In the multiple displays menu of the nvidia control panel you can click on i cant see my displays. You can then force the pc to look for external displays. Under that option there is another option checked that says force PC to check for TV outputs on startup. So i shutdown the pc left the HDMI connected, started it up and it worked 😄 I dont think i would have slept well knowing i didn't figure it out lol
Thanks for all the help scott!

Tom, congrats 🙂

Mack023
Level 9

My problem is fixed by uninstalling the existing graphics driver.