cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partitioning G75Vw

teotwawki
Level 7
Dears,

I need to repartition my HDD, but before doing that I would like to ask you for some recomendations in order of backing up the Windows 8 pre-installed, and also the recovering partitions.

How to do that? Is one operation or I need to do two separate things, one for windows and another one for recovering partitions? How can I check if the back-up works well? What to do NOT do before repartition?

Any help will be grateful.
5 REPLIES 5

Prostar_Compute
Level 9
Are you asking how to backup the recovery image? Asus AI Recovery Burner does not function under Windows 8 yet to my knowledge. You could use the Windows Backup and Restore feature to create a system image of the whole drive, therefore preserving the factory image.

There are also popular third party utilities for system image backup, such as Acronis or CloneZilla.

We customize Asus, MSI, and Clevo laptops!

yes Asus has the Back tracker program to create a USB recovery tool. You should be able to download it from the ASUS download page for your Model and OS. Macrium Reflect in known to work also. Minitool partition wizard is great for portioning same great interface as the original partition magic
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

teotwawki
Level 7
Thank you guys. Exactly, I want to make a backup of the recovery partitions, especially because of the preinstalled OS.

I tell you the news. I've downloaded the Backtracker utility (thanks for the links), and I made a "backup factory image". It took about 15 minutes with a USB 3.0 pendrive.

Can you tell me please if with that I would can recover the computer in case of any problem? I ask this because the used space of the pendrive is just 9,14 GB, when the C: has 43GB used, and it lefts to consider the space of the recovery partitions. :confused:

I know I can check this if I try to recovery the system from the pendrive, but if it doesn't work as expected I will lose the windows... and then I would have no idea what to do to recover it.

If all I need is what I've done with Backtracker, I will start making the new partitions 😃

Well you never really know if a back up will work but if all went well creating it. it should restore your NB to factory condition. Others have had good success using the Backtracker software

If you lose the original win 8, you can use any Win 8 standard disk or ISO to clean install or create a USB install device.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

teotwawki
Level 7
Hello. I want to comment everyone that I needed to use the backup, and it worked very well.

Backing up:
All I have done is to plug a pendrive of 16GB, tell to backup in Backtracker program, and I must say, I didn't delete the partitions with no letter from the disk (300mb, 600mb, 20gb).

Partition try #1:
I made a complete repartition of the disk (I repeat, no touching those units), but I couldn't do a clean install of OS, so I lost my windows, and also the funcionality hehe XD
I booted from the pendrive, and it restore everything, including the old partitions.
So can be quite using backtracker, it works. Just in case, keep those units.

Thanks so much for the help guys.
Regards.