cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overclocking my 660m?

Thaladred
Level 7
Hey guys I just got a BBK5 model as a gift and it is running really well. I'm running GW2 close to max settings and getting 40-55 FPS, so really satisfied. Borderlands 2 is coming up and I have it pre-ordered, was thinking of overclocking my 660m and was wondering if you guys can help me out? What program should I use? And what are the best settings? Thanks a lot, looking forward to hearing your advice.
69 REPLIES 69

Bubu91
Level 7
damn it:( does the +135 overclock have any noticeable effects of performance? do you get at least +10fps?

ggBanks
Level 10
I got +8 in BF3 when the nvidia inspector trick still worked. With the +135 you are not gonna get more than +3-4fps

Bubu91
Level 7
i tried it today. i set the core clock to 1010 using the target line. i noticed that in the nvidia inspector, only the current clock line shows the 1010 value. the other two beneath it, gpu clock and default clock, show the base 835 value. does it mean that the trick still works?

i ask because when i increase the core clock by moving the slider +135 in nvidia inspector, the current and default clock remain at 835, and the gpu clock is the one that increases.

someone from another forum told me that if the current clock shows the gpu clock value that was set in the Target line, it means that the trick still works! 😄

what is the recommended max value for the gpu clcok on the 660m? i know that max frecommended for memory is 400 ....

Bubu91 wrote:
i tried it today. i set the core clock to 1010 using the target line. i noticed that in the nvidia inspector, only the current clock line shows the 1010 value. the other two beneath it, gpu clock and default clock, show the base 835 value. does it mean that the trick still works?

i ask because when i increase the core clock by moving the slider +135 in nvidia inspector, the current and default clock remain at 835, and the gpu clock is the one that increases.

Bubu91 wrote:
someone from another forum told me that if the current clock shows the gpu clock value that was set in the Target line, it means that the trick still works! 😄

what is the recommended max value for the gpu clcok on the 660m? i know that max frecommended for memory is 400 ....

Try this overclock.bat
nvidiaInspector.exe -forcepstate:0,0 -setGpuClock:0,2,1000 -setMemoryClock:0,2,2950

Try this to reset everything
nvidiaInspector.exe -setVoltageOffset:0,0,0 -setGpuClock:0,2,835 -setMemoryClock:0,2,2500 -forcepstate:0,16

ggBanks
Level 10
When it worked for me i had my clocks like this: Core clock - 1300 with the boost, Memory clock - 3000

can i go higher than this OC ?

arnold315 wrote:
can i go higher than this OC ?

Nice GPU core overclock. Memory you can definitely try 3000mhz.

srmojuze wrote:
Nice GPU core overclock. Memory you can definitely try 3000mhz.

how to do that?
i just reach 90 degree heat while im playing crysis2..is that going to be ok if i keep playing and use my oc?

arnold315 wrote:
how to do that?
i just reach 90 degree heat while im playing crysis2..is that going to be ok if i keep playing and use my oc?

Wow anything over 85degC is probably ~not~ a good idea. Try to OC accordingly so max 85degC. Mem clock you can push to 3000mhz as that AFAIK doesn't affect GPU core temp much 🙂