cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original Audio Driver G752VY

Natrare25
Level 7
Hello everyone,

i'm looking for the original factory audio driver for my G752VY i7-6700hq - GTX980M
I did a fresh reinstall of windows for the second time, and i'm having the same issue with audio not being right. I found last time a link to a onedrive from soemone with all original factory driver, but link is not working anymore.
Could anyone please give me a link where i could find it again ? (i tried all audio driver on google when typing ASUS G752VY Audio driver, but all of them arent changing anything, sounds quality is bad, no subwoofer etc)

Thank you !
2 REPLIES 2

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

Your original audio drivers can be found in your notebook support page : https://www.asus.com/supportonly/G752VY/HelpDesk_Download/

However they are obsolete. If you are looking for the last drivers, you need these audio drivers for your ASUS ROG G752VY notebook :

[DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (NB | Intel 6x/7x/8x/9x/1xx)

You have an ASUS ROG SS1 notebook, so :

You need Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers (HDA - ASUS ROG SSx NB) from the first post of the thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

jdfrench3
Level 12
I posted this information many times on this forum. This following post is actually found under the sticky at the top of the "ROG Gaming Notebooks Channel" under the label of "Make a copy of your eSupport Folder before formating your OS drive!".

Site Having Many of ASUS Laptop Driver DVDs (eSupport Folder)
I work on a number of laptops. Quite often I'm brought an ASUS laptop that is a few years old and requires a hard drive or SSD. After installing a Windows OS I refer to this website to download its' driver DVD.

https://www.asustreiber.de/

The website is German, the downloads are in English. I use my browsers' translater to translate everything for me. The driver DVDs are located in Downloads/Driver DVDs/ then listed by the laptops original Windows OS (7, 8.0, 8.1, 10). A quick search yields most of the ASUS laptops I am working on. I download the Driver DVD and create an installation DVD. These DVDs used to ship with the laptops but ASUS hasn't done so in a few years. On the DVD is the original software and drivers used on the particular ASUS laptop. On the top level on the DVD is the ASUS Installation Wizard (AsInsWiz.exe). Running this program will install the software and drivers. It's a selective program so you can install only what you want.

Take note of the size of these downloads, some will require a double-layer DVD. Once you have the information placed on a DVD, save it in a cool place for storage.

You can also "Mount" the download and simply copy to a spare hard drive or USB. This sometimes has some limitations so I prefer to simply make my support DVDs. My laptop users prefer the DVDs as well.

Keep in mind there can be conflicts. Windows 10 may not work well with Windows 7 drivers. I suggest installing drivers one or two at a time. Allow Windows 10 to update the driver for you, reboot often. I sometimes start with a 7-year old laptop that has 5 or 6 devices that Windows 10 can not identify. Using the ASUS Installation Wizard most all devices can be identified, installed, and updated properly and usually quickly.

The actual page having your eSupport Folder (Driver DVD) is the following. Remember it's from a German site but the download is in english.

https://www.asustreiber.de/downloads/download/60-windows-10/763-g752vl-vt-vy-treiber-dvd

Good Luck
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server