cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Really Pissed Off Dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hozer
Level 7
Ok I have a G750 was working fine with Win 8.0 So I decided to do the auto update to Win 8.1. Did the update now the bios does not recognize my DVD player and the bios does not save settings to do a restore from my thumb drive. WTF is this all about. I wanted to re GHOST my last backup and my system will not see my DVD player in the bios! THIS IS BULL****!!!!!!!!!!!!! I went to the bios to reset to defaults and the bios still does not see my DVD player. Hope somebody can give me a fix for the crap. In My Opinion Windows 8 is a piece of crap. I see no reason to run Windows 8 unless you have a touch screen. Like I said Windows 8 is a piece of crap!!!!!!!!!!!!! And Windows 8.1 is worse!!!! PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!
14 REPLIES 14

hozer wrote:
\What version of linux to have running? I have Linux Xubuntu I can seam to get the mouse or some of the other drivers to work!

hozer, it's much quicker and easier to use Windows as the host for Linux VM's - that way I am not limited to the 1 or 2 (or 0?) Linux distro's that fully support the G750JH hardware. Plus I can still run Windows games native on the G750JH 🙂

For work laptops I do it the other way, Linux host Windows VM for corp services. I don't rarely need native GPU access on Windows for work.

It is quick and easy to build and import whatever Linux distro I need at the moment, then migrate it off the laptop for later.

Here is what I have in use right now:

hmscott wrote:
hozer, then why did you try to install Windows 8.1 in the first place?

Have fun with Linux on the G750 🙂

Just for fun to see it how it runs. Runs like crap hahahaha went back to Win 8.0 till I can get Linux running on my G750!

Maxter
Level 9
I think people don't know that in 8.1 is not really an update... it's a different OS. That's why it needs new drivers and such. Microsoft did a clever move with the naming...

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Maxter wrote:
I think people don't know that in 8.1 is not really an update... it's a different OS. That's why it needs new drivers and such. Microsoft did a clever move with the naming...

I never updated any driver with mine. Works flawless. I do have an update for my chipset apparently, though.

Maxter
Level 9
There is a thread that talks about linux installation for the G750 in this forum as well. Good source of info...