cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd noise seemingly coming from hard drive maybe?

Tom_Windschitl
Level 7
I can sometimes hear a faint noise seemingly coming from the hard drive, i don't know how i can describe it...
It sounds a bit like a clicky sound, or even kind of like the CD drive when it spins up but a very faint sound like that. PC is running fine though. Already tested to see if it was the fans, its not, both fans at full speed sound smooth. I have G750JW btw.
I an just going to assume it is the hard drive working as the sound matches up with the hard drive indicator. Just curious what everyone else's sounds like or if you can hear anything at all.
3 REPLIES 3

hmscott
Level 12
Tom Windschitl wrote:
I can sometimes hear a faint noise seemingly coming from the hard drive, i don't know how i can describe it...
It sounds a bit like a clicky sound, or even kind of like the CD drive when it spins up but a very faint sound like that. PC is running fine though. Already tested to see if it was the fans, its not, both fans at full speed sound smooth. I have G750JW btw.
I an just going to assume it is the hard drive working as the sound matches up with the hard drive indicator. Just curious what everyone else's sounds like or if you can hear anything at all.

All spinning disks make noise, some more than others, some are really annoying. Here is a program to use to speed up and quiet down HD's by disabling AAM and APM. quiethdd has been around a long time and works great. But, you either have to write a batch file to turn it on at every boot, or do it by hand.

https://sites.google.com/site/quiethdd/

Pitcher1
Level 9
please pay attention, the sound have more loud.

Tom_Windschitl
Level 7
Yeah i'll keep an eye on it, its mainly annoying when i'm not doing much on my PC, as soon as i start playing a game or watching videos i cannot hear it anymore. I just thought it sounded odd because its not the normal whirring sound i am used to..