cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nvidia update

SpitfireII
Level 7
I have a new G75VW and had it for a week, I just noticed a NVidia update and do I update it and download it? Here is the link. Do I need to make a restore point first? And is there a step by step for a safe and effective procedure to do so?

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/54629/nvidiaupdate
5 REPLIES 5

GottiBoi55
Level 10
SpitfireII wrote:
I have a new G75VW and had it for a week, I just noticed a NVidia update and do I update it and download it? Here is the link. Do I need to make a restore point first? And is there a step by step for a safe and effective procedure to do so?

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/54629/nvidiaupdate

Yes, you should download, and install the update.
There's much performance improvements with this update.
For the step by step, just follow below.
After you accept the license agreement, select "Custom Advanced", and check the "clean install" option.
This is the best way, will delete all and install the drivers fresh.

Good luck, and enjoy!
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"

Hey Gotti, I did exactly what u told me to do, after the save, run and I clicked the box for clean installation, downloaded smoothly and all. After it was done and I closed it and a minute later, a popup mentioned that a new update is available which is 310.90. The update I just installed just now is the 310.70. What shall I do now? Thanks

rewben
Level 13
uh? just do it again; this time with the new driver.

Pitcher1
Level 9
i suggest you install the newly Nvidia driver, but ASUS have not guarantee, because it is not through ASUS to release, by the way, you can install and use it.

I used the clean install on the 310.70 and the 310.90 without any issue. Thanks. 🙂