cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NVidia 3D problem after clean installation windows 10

amitabhbansal
Level 7
friends,
in my g750jx, i did a clean windows 10 installation and installed all latest drivers with the NVIDIA, but whenever i try to activate 3D steroscopic it ask me to select the devices, I dont know how to add the screenshot thats why typing all of that.
"Set up NVIDIA 3D VISION)
USB IR EMITTER AND GLASSES
WIRED GLASSES
PRO HUB AND GLASSES
DISCOVER GLASSES"

i dont know what happen and how to get rid of this,
Please help me friends
6 REPLIES 6

Clintlgm
Level 14
Looks like it wants you to install a device that can run 3D, your screen won't. If you don't have any 3D devices install the NVidia driver with out the 3D drivers. I would say try to reinstall the NVidia driver check Custom Install/Check the Clean Install and uncheck the 3D. Go into Windows Update settings and check do not install updated Drivers. Whether keep the 3D driver or not the Clean install of NVidia driver should fix it!
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

amitabhbansal
Level 7
i always done clean installation of nvidia drivers, i tried again nvidia installation with clean install, but not fixed, i will try to uncheck 3d and the rest of windows update u told me, then will reply
thanks*

amitabhbansal
Level 7
i did what u said but still the same problem
in device manager, i took screen shot of the devices added, attaching here please help me

I dont know if this will help, but when my screen was changed by asus recently, the nvidia control panel would not detect the g-sync feature. This was confirmed by nvidia live support. The fix was to go into BIOS and reset default settings. After that it all worked well. ASUS and Nvidia cannot explain why this was so. Maybe you can try that?

Armesis wrote:
I dont know if this will help, but when my screen was changed by asus recently, the nvidia control panel would not detect the g-sync feature. This was confirmed by nvidia live support. The fix was to go into BIOS and reset default settings. After that it all worked well. ASUS and Nvidia cannot explain why this was so. Maybe you can try that?

i dont know if this will work or not, as because i have restored factory default to windows 8 amd then upgraded to windows 10 and everything is fine, will check tomorrow thoroughly*

JustinThyme
Level 13
You are having driver issues. Which ones I can say. This is why I will now and forever say the clean install method on Laptops is a waste of time. There is no gain to be had, only headaches. Some will swear otherwise but those same folks that swear otherwise will not accept my challenge to go head to head same machine, same benchmarks, same clocks etc to prove that the clean install did them any good. ASUS factory images have minimal extra software (so long as you didnt screw up and get a best but machine that is LOADED with bloatware). Takes about 5 minutes to uninstall the extra stuff. Ccleaner will not only uninstall it it will wipe it and remove all registry entries related to it.

My challenge still stands. 4 laptops to choose from, G74SX, G751JL, G751JY and G752VY. All have have original images that have been upgraded in place to win10 anniversary edition. The only machine I've done a clean install on is my current desktop build but that's only because there is no choice in the matter with a custom build. And guess what, thats the ONLY machine that has any flags in device manager although all drivers have been loaded. One PCI to PCI bridge says the device cannot find enough open resources. Thats bridge is assigned to the thunderbolt controller that Im not using nor will I ever use so its not a problem.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein