cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Num Lock key for G74S?

jvspek
Level 7
Plz help! i just purchased a g74s and realized it doesn't have Num Lock function. Unfortunately, I don't have time to return it, because i'm traveling abroad (Taiwan lol). So is there any solution to this. I don't need or want a hot key for a calculator.
5 REPLIES 5

Omnikam
Level 8
try updating your bios

fuzon1337
Level 10
Hi there

Which BIOS version do you have now? 202 or 203?

If you have BIOS v202 then you can try to flash it to BIOS v203 to see if that fixes your issue.

Download BIOS from here (Asus support site)

And if you're uncomfortable about doing the flash process, take a look at @BrodyBoy's "Updating The G74SX BIOS with EazyFlash" guide. Go into that thread, and open the pdf file that is attached @ColonelS first post.

I hope this helps 🙂
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205

how do you access the numlock even if you are on bios 203?

fuzon1337
Level 10
If you have the BIOS v203 then I don't have other suggestions 😞

The numlock key is a big issue on that notebook and I thought it may was fixed in the BIOS v203.

In this other thread on post #2 there is a temporary workaround for the numlock key to either stay on or off.
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205

Lake Forest Locksmith
I think they may have played another game where this was possible and they are saying "if it can work in this game, why can it not work in yours?" I will inform them of the correct input to use, and will also put this in the playing instructions page.