cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOTE: G750 OS Drive on motherboard Port 0

Maxter
Level 9
I noticed that on my JW, the original HDD came on bay "A". So when I installed my new SSD, I placed on bay A and the HDD for storage, on bay "B".
This morning, I went into BIOS for sh1ts and giggles and noticed that Bay "A" is labeled as Port 4 and Bay "B" ir Port 0. I switched the drives around and placed the SSD (OS Drive) on bay "B". Now the BIOS reads the OS Drive as in Port 0 of the MoBo. The computer runs twice as fast!
WTF?! Is this a problem for everyone? why did they install the main HDD on Port 4?

Check your model out and comment.

Cheers!
2 REPLIES 2

Gornati
Level 7
Hello,

I've noticed the same thing about the changing to port 0 but in my case it just stopped working in that bay.

Have you something to change it?

Thanks

gazzacbr
Level 10
Hi,
"The computer runs twice as fast!" hmm, interesting.
when i got mine (G750JX) it had the SSD in Port 4 and HDD in Port 0. it didnt run for long enough originally to do any speed tests (1 day before i had to complete format, recovery partition did not work)

i changed the main OS SSD to Port 0 and have a second SSD for storage in Port 4 (sometimes for efi booting) as for me multi-booting it is easier to keep track which is which (the 2 SSDs are both the same Crucial)

i have the original 1TB HDD in the dvd bay now and that shows up as Port 2.
where is Port 3 then...

seems like Asus put the OS drive in the wrong slot for both our models?

p.s. would be helpful if everyone put their model and config in their sigs, hint 😉
Asus G750JX-CV050H||GTX770M||24GB ram||120hz 3D screen||
1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD||500GB Crucial M4 SSD||500GB Crucial M4 SSD in DVD Bay
free bag and mouse :cool:
win 8.1||win 7||win xp||server 2008||os x mavericks||linux mint 16