cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO ASUS SERVICE CENTER IN LATIN AMERICA

Retired
Not applicable
I bought a G74SX-XA1 in USA, but i'm from Argentina. I was told that this product has an international and global warranty for 1 year, so I bought the laptop. But now I realize that this product HAS an international Warranty, BUT ONLY IN COUNTRIES THAT HAVE AN AUTHORIZED GLOBAL ASUS SERVICE CENTER. Then I started to look for one of this support centers in Argentina and I discovered that THERE IS NO ASUS GLOBAL SUPPORT CENTER IN ALL LATIN AMERICA (with the exception of Brazil). Even in Iran and Isla Mauricio (I do not know where this is) ASUS has one of this centers. I think that's strange and I hope that ASUS reconsider this policy. Because they say their products has international warranty, but they are lying... If anyone knows that I am wrong, please tell me. But I have also called the "not global" asus support center in argentina and they said that the "global and international" warranty is only valid in countries that has an ASUS global support center. So, this is sad.
2 REPLIES 2

JRd1st
Level 12
Do you have a problem that needs to be fixed? Maybe we can help. 😄
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

BrodyBoy
Level 10
PHorst wrote:
I bought a G74SX-XA1 in USA, but i'm from Argentina. I was told that this product has an international and global warranty for 1 year, so I bought the laptop. But now I realize that this product HAS an international Warranty, BUT ONLY IN COUNTRIES THAT HAVE AN AUTHORIZED GLOBAL ASUS SERVICE CENTER.

I've read the warranty and I've never seen that stipulation.
THERE IS NO ASUS GLOBAL SUPPORT CENTER IN ALL LATIN AMERICA (with the exception of Brazil). Even in Iran and Isla Mauricio (I do not know where this is) ASUS has one of this centers. I think that's strange and I hope that ASUS reconsider this policy. Because they say their products has international warranty, but they are lying... If anyone knows that I am wrong, please tell me. But I have also called the "not global" asus support center in argentina and they said that the "global and international" warranty is only valid in countries that has an ASUS global support center. So, this is sad.

Well, there obviously IS a Global Support Center in Latin America, located in Sao Paulo. You received warranty documentation in the box with your computer, right? Read through it, and through your purchase documents, and if you don't see any language that explicitly says your laptop is excluded from coverage, then it's covered. Make them prove otherwise by indicating where your warranty documents exclude you.

Is this all a general discussion, or is your G74 actually in need of service?