cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newer BIOS availability for G752VT? Left side usb ports wont work with my WD hd

Julskey
Level 10
I have a new G752VT which I bought this month. So far my only issue is the left side usb ports wont work with my WD 1.5TB drive. Other usb 3.0 Drives are working normally in the same ports though. This is not such a big deal for me.

I have BIOS version 205, my questions are 1) is this the latest BIOS version for this model (since it was just recently released), 2) should I update to the latest BIOS version? and 3) What are the improvements if I update to the latest BIOS?

Thanks.
9 REPLIES 9

toronto699
Level 13

ukiyapaul
Level 7
Julskey wrote:
I have a new G752VT which I bought this month. So far my only issue is the left side usb ports wont work with my WD 1.5TB drive. Other usb 3.0 Drives are working normally in the same ports though. This is not such a big deal for me.

I have BIOS version 205, my questions are 1) is this the latest BIOS version for this model (since it was just recently released), 2) should I update to the latest BIOS version? and 3) What are the improvements if I update to the latest BIOS?

Thanks.

Its strange I read others also saying that WD external drives does not work using both left side usb ports, mine works. I do sometimes get pop-ups saying something like usb resources low or something like that but my devices seems to be working as it should.

Julskey
Level 10
Which one have you got? Mine is the 1.5TB passport, a little bit thick. I think it has got something to do with the current draw of the device. Maybe my passport requires more current the usb port can supply. My thumb drive and ADATA 1.8TB hdd (both usb3.0) work without problems.

Julskey wrote:
Which one have you got? Mine is the 1.5TB passport, a little bit thick. I think it has got something to do with the current draw of the device. Maybe my passport requires more current the usb port can supply. My thumb drive and ADATA 1.8TB hdd (both usb3.0) work without problems.

I have two 2TB WD Elements and one 1TB toshiba which both worked with no problems with any of the four usb ports but I mainly use the left side for hard drives since I have more space on the left side of the laptop on my table.

Julskey
Level 10
What laptop model do have?

Gps3dx
Level 12
Julskey wrote:

Thanks.

Based on what facts you say it is the BIOS's fault ???
Have you took the effort to search this sub-forum for "left USB port problem" ???
Such a search should lead you to THIS GUIDE - from which you can deduct that such a problem might be solved by replacing drivers.
Please read it, perform the drivers change ( BUT USE THE DRIVERS I PROVIDED IN THE LATEST POSTS in that thread - I hadn't had the time to update the guide ) and report back.
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]

Gps3dx wrote:
Based on what facts you say it is the BIOS's fault ???
Have you took the effort to search this sub-forum for "left USB port problem" ???
Such a search should lead you to THIS GUIDE - from which you can deduct that such a problem might be solved by replacing drivers.
Please read it, perform the drivers change ( BUT USE THE DRIVERS I PROVIDED IN THE LATEST POSTS in that thread - I hadn't had the time to update the guide ) and report back.

No I am not asking if my left usb ports are caused by bios. I am merely stating that my WD passport external hdd has a problem with my left usb ports. Other usb 3.0 drives have no problem in my left-side usb ports. My question was (because I know now) if bios version 205 is still currently the latest bios version for the G752VT? and if there is a new bios version available, is it always a good idea to upgrade to the latest version?

Thanks for your reply though.

Julskey wrote:
No I am not asking if my left usb ports are caused by bios. I am merely stating that my WD passport external hdd has a problem with my left usb ports. Other usb 3.0 drives have no problem in my left-side usb ports. My question was (because I know now) if bios version 205 is still currently the latest bios version for the G752VT? and if there is a new bios version available, is it always a good idea to upgrade to the latest version?
Thanks for your reply though.

I'll ask once again - why do you think the USB left port problem is BIOS related ????
Have you seen my suggestion ( the guide ) - you should try to change drivers BEFORE blaming the BIOS.

Now... if you ask about the BIOS latest version - with no connection what soever to the left USB ports... - then you should enter Asus official download page and look it up yourself.

Asus WILL NOT announce in this forum anything... certainly nothing about "new update" is out...
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]

Julskey
Level 10
I think you did not understand my reply. I think the problem is my 1.5TB WD passport USB 3.0 HDD and not the BIOS. I'm just asking here. Merry Christmas.