cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new version G750JX with nvidia gtx 770m???

minelao
Level 7
I've just read about it on an italian website,anyone has news about?
21 REPLIES 21

minelao
Level 7

Adyghost
Level 8
First of all, there's no such thing as a GTX 770M, the 700 series go up to 750M. This might shed some light...

Doing some research on the web I've found this:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/ASUS-Prepares-G750-Gaming-Notebook-with-GeForce-GTX-770M-343367.shtml

so I understand it's not a new version of the G75, but a brand new notebook G750 with Haswell processor,
the article says there's also in program another cheaper version with a gtx 760m.

Adyghost wrote:
First of all, there's no such thing as a GTX 770M, the 700 series go up to 750M. This might shed some light...

What does that have to do with anything? Its the way Nvidia do their launch,

First announce the low-mid end. Then announce high end later. GTX 760M, 765M, 770M and 780M is coming 100%.

From recent HWinfo update:
Added support of additional CHiL/IR VRs on GPU.
Fixed enumeration of GPUs disabled by nVidia Optimus.
Fixed freezing of Synaptics SMBus touchpads on Intel chipsets.
Merged and rearranged nVidia Internal GPU sensor with NVAPI.
Added AMD Radeon HD 7790.
Added nVidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost.
Added monitoring of D3D Usage on AMD, nVidia and Intel GPUs (covers Direct3D only).
Improved enumeration of RAID arrays, added RAID status reporting.
Enhanced sensor monitoring on nVidia nForce 790i reference mainboards (Zotac, EVGA, XFX, etc).
Enhanced support of AMD GCN2 family GPUs.
Added monitoring support for On Semi NCP81022 on GPU.
Added nVidia GF119 models: GeForce 705M.
Added nVidia GK104 models: Quadro K2 USM, Tesla K2 USM, GRID K520, GeForce K2 USM, NVS K2 USM.
Added nVidia GK106 models: GeForce GTX 760M, 765M, 770M.
Added nVidia GK107 models: Tesla K1 USM, Quadro K1 USM, GeForce GT 740M, 745M, 750M, GeForce K340 USM, NVS K1 USM, GRID K340, NVS 1000.
Added nVidia GK110 models: GeForce GTX Titan LE, Tesla K20, Tesla K20X.
Added nVidia GK208 models: GeForce GT 730M, 735M, 740M.

Adyghost wrote:

personally I feel like you can't say there is no such thing as GTX 770M as the 750M is for the GT not GTX.
I'm not sure if it is true or not but I do find a few place talking about the GTX 770M and 780M

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardware/2013/03/04/intel-haswell-laptops/1
http://videocardz.com/39987/nvidia-geforce-gtx-770m-and-780m-spotted-monster-gaming-notebooks

on top of that, wikipedia(not so trustful site) also has a little information on the GTX 770M & 780M.
It might not be properly announced or official announced, but there is always leaks or even rumors going around that might be true.

I don't completely believe in rumors, but rumors are the only way for us to maybe get a little bit of the tech information on the "maybe" release GPU for this yr or even next.

mcvc69
Level 8

Adyghost
Level 8
A rumor, even the article uses the word "presumably" 🙂 They probably released that before Nvidia's official announcement. To be honest I think we all expected the same titles for the cards as the 600 series, not sure why they went with different numbers...

mcvc69
Level 8

mcvc69 wrote:
The Asus G750JX Gaming Laptop is also a rumor then ?
http://news.softpedia.com/news/ASUS-Prepares-G750-Gaming-Notebook-with-GeForce-GTX-770M-343367.shtml

personally, I feel like this has to be rumor. I come up with few reason why I feel like this is only a rumor.

1. why would they go back to an older design style compare to the g75.
2. numpad, where is it, I'm not sure how you guys feel but numpad is very important to multiple games even though you can just hotkey it to other things, but I feel like for a gamer numpad should be an open option instead of buying an additional USB one.
3. the naming O.o G750? what does that 0 stand for at the end. If I'm correct, G75 or any G series laptop previous release, the 7 stands for 17 inch and 5 stands for the series. G55 is 15inch being the 5th series. G74, G54, and all previous were given name like that, so why would they give up on a pattern of naming when they already got one<--- it's not impossible, but it's highly unlikely.
4. CPU might be the newer generation of intel which is 4th gen core i, known as the haswel, if this information is not even posted on there, why would the not even announced GPU version be on there.

This is what I think, welcome to counter that or put in something that I might be wrong about. ^0^