cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Realtek Audio Driver 6.0.1.7095

Nehmia
Level 9
The guys on the driver team have uploaded a new Audio Driver on the G750JX/JW for 8.1 page

Download:

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin8.1/Audio/Audio_Realtek_Win81_64_VER6017095.zip
ASUS G750JX-CV050H
CPU: i7-4700HQ @ 2.40 GHz.
Memory: 32 GB DDR3 1600 MHz. Hynix RAM
Graphics: GeForce GTX 770M 3 GB GDDR5 RAM
Storage: 256 GB LiteOn LCM-256M3S SSD + 1 TB Seagate Momentus ST1000LM024 5400 RPM HDD
Screen: 17.3" Full HD 3D Glossy Screen
Router: ASUS RT-AC68U
Security: Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus for PC Gamers
12 REPLIES 12

Level 7

Guest wrote:
Latest version: 6.0.1.7119 from Asus for Windows 8.1 64bit

http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&s=589&m=Audio&os=41&ft=4&f_name=Audio_Realtek...

I know but you should only install drivers from our laptops driver section as they are known to work 100% and support the features of our hardware.

others may work but they are generic for all Realtek Audio Chipsets and thus, may or may not miss on some of the enhancements that ASUS has made and tested
ASUS G750JX-CV050H
Storage: 256 GB LiteOn LCM-256M3S SSD + 1 TB Seagate Momentus ST1000LM024 5400 RPM HDD

Nehmia wrote:
I know but you should only install drivers from our laptops driver section as they are known to work 100% and support the features of our hardware.

others may work but they are generic for all Realtek Audio Chipsets and thus, may or may not miss on some of the enhancements that ASUS has made and tested

Good Idea but when i searching for windows 8.1 drivers in the support section of the asus page i get only drivers for AUDIO | BLUETOOTH | WIRELESS for the G750JH / JX. What is with VGA | MEI | TOUCHPAD | .... ? I think its better to do a complete search over the download area from asus. The 7119 was published at the Notebook -> Audio Section, whats different to the G750J* section? Except the two versions of drivers?

i hope my english is good enough. 🙂

Guest wrote:
Good Idea but when i searching for windows 8.1 drivers in the support section of the asus page i get only drivers for AUDIO | BLUETOOTH | WIRELESS for the G750JH / JX. What is with VGA | MEI | TOUCHPAD | .... ? I think its better to do a complete search over the download area from asus. The 7119 was published at the Notebook -> Audio Section, whats different to the G750J* section? Except the two versions of drivers?

i hope my english is good enough. 🙂

Until the lazy people at ASUS update the G750JX Drivers page, I download them from the G750JW page: http://www.asus.com/us/support/Download/3/521/G750JW/41/

They are almost 99% identical so those should work including the nVIDIA driver there

the latest nVIDIA driver on the Asus general drivers page DOES NOT work if you have the 3D laptop like I do but those ones above work
ASUS G750JX-CV050H

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Guest wrote:
Latest version: 6.0.1.7119 from Asus for Windows 8.1 64bit

http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&s=589&m=Audio&os=41&ft=4&f_name=Audio_Realtek...

Hi everyone,

Although I'm not located at HQ and have not checked with them about this recently, it's my opinion that the Audio driver download site provided by Guest above will usually post 'release candidates' that may not be officially approved by ASUS yet for your notebook model (or it may be approved for a different model that may or may not still work with your model?)

If you are not having any problems and do not wish to take any chances with your software, it's safer to stick to the approved drivers posted on the ASUS download site for your model (when available of course).

Otherwise, if you are trying to solve some issues, consider trying the 'unapproved' drivers (for your model if you can find them?) from the ASUS site first before going to the hardware component (like Realtek for audio) manufacturer's website for their generic drivers.

Not sure if the posted dates are correct and maybe Nehmia or someone else can help confirm this if they keep a better eye on the download site, but you can see the unapproved ASUS Audio Drivers download site shows the Realtek *.7095 driver was posted on 12.25.13 which you expect would be posted at a later date on the G750JX/JW download sites once officially approved/released, but they also show a 12.25.13 posted date for the Win8.1 audio drivers, so this may not really the date they were posted to those sites anymore (I remembered the G750JX site only posted a wireless Win8.1 driver and some Win8.1 bluetooth drivers not too long ago, so the G750JX Win8.1 audio driver should have been posted more recently and why Nehmia started this thread yesterday?).

cl-Albert wrote:
Hi everyone,

Although I'm not located at HQ and have not checked with them about this recently, it's my opinion that the Audio driver download site provided by Guest above will usually post 'release candidates' that may not be officially approved by ASUS yet for your notebook model (or it may be approved for a different model that may or may not still work with your model?)

If you are not having any problems and do not wish to take any chances with your software, it's safer to stick to the approved drivers posted on the ASUS download site for your model (when available of course).

Otherwise, if you are trying to solve some issues, consider trying the 'unapproved' drivers (for your model if you can find them?) from the ASUS site first before going to the hardware component (like Realtek for audio) manufacturer's website for their generic drivers.

Not sure if the posted dates are correct and maybe Nehmia or someone else can help confirm this if they keep a better eye on the download site, but you can see the unapproved ASUS Audio Drivers download site shows the Realtek *.7095 driver was posted on 12.25.13 which you expect would be posted at a later date on the G750JX/JW download sites once officially approved/released, but they also show a 12.25.13 posted date for the Win8.1 audio drivers, so this may not really the date they were posted to those sites anymore (I remembered the G750JX site only posted a wireless Win8.1 driver and some Win8.1 bluetooth drivers not too long ago, so the G750JX Win8.1 audio driver should have been posted more recently and why Nehmia started this thread yesterday?).

Hi Albert,

I posted this thread only yesterday because believe me I check the drivers download page of the G750JX almost 10 times a day to see when they will post the remaining drivers and this driver was JUST added for all the 3 models (JX/JW/JH)

Another point to note, I totally agree with you on NOT trying any drivers other than the ones posted on your specific drivers page as it has been tested to work 100% with your laptop. Drivers are not like software updates that you need to keep up to date always, instead, we need certified and approved and stable drivers.

Regarding drivers posted on the ASUS General Driver download site, they might release let's say a driver with the version number 2.2 on the 1st of Feb 2014....... then after about 2 weeks, they might release an older driver dated 2.1 but on the 1st of March so people wonder why is the older driver posted on a newer date? That is because these are not official drivers but rather new drivers under testing for quality and they might have discovered a small bug in the latest driver and thus posted an older driver at a later date.
ASUS G750JX-CV050H

Nehmia wrote:
Hi Albert,

I posted this thread only yesterday because believe me I check the drivers download page of the G750JX almost 10 times a day to see when they will post the remaining drivers and this driver was JUST added for all the 3 models (JX/JW/JH)

Another point to note, I totally agree with you on NOT trying any drivers other than the ones posted on your specific drivers page as it has been tested to work 100% with your laptop. Drivers are not like software updates that you need to keep up to date always, instead, we need certified and approved and stable drivers.

Regarding drivers posted on the ASUS General Driver download site, they might release let's say a driver with the version number 2.2 on the 1st of Feb 2014....... then after about 2 weeks, they might release an older driver dated 2.1 but on the 1st of March so people wonder why is the older driver posted on a newer date? That is because these are not official drivers but rather new drivers under testing for quality and they might have discovered a small bug in the latest driver and thus posted an older driver at a later date.

I would argue with that) Intel RST better to keep up to date...
Asus team are very very lazy guys, so better to use latest drivers for your HW, not just ones on asus website...

OFC you can use nvidia drivers from Asus website, not from nVidia web. xD
ASUS G750JX
CPU: i7-4700HQ @ 2.60 GHz.(OC & UV)
Memory: 16 GB DDR3 1600 MHz. Hynix RAM
Storage: 750GB SSD Samsung 840 Evo + 1Tb Hitachi 7200rpm + 1Tb Hitachi 5400rpm(optibay)
Screen: 17.3" Full HD Glossy Screen

sevymar
Level 7
Installed this one, seems like Waves MAXXAudio has been changed into AudioWizard 😛

Level 7
maybe we can get an opinion from asus about the driver versions and his compatibility to G750J*? Or which way is the best for the latest driver?