cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New G751JY Kinda Slow..

cuniac
Level 7
I just got my G751JY today, and over all I like it alot. I played GTA V and was very impressed with how well it performed. However, non-game actions seem fairly slow. Just browsing the web takes longer than it should to load web pages. Starting Battlenet or Steam takes 30 more seconds than my much older laptop. Like there is something bogging down the computer. Has anyone ran across this and found any fixes?
14 REPLIES 14

cuniac
Level 7
I actively get 150+Mbps on my connection which gives me around 19MBps. This has been confirmed with speedtest.net. On my old computer I pull a consistent 17 to 18 MBps when downloading in either Steam or Battlenet. However, this computer will only go between 2.5 to 4MBps average. Sometimes it does go as high as 12MBps but its short lived. It doesn't make a lot of sense that this happens when I can pull higher numbers in a speed test but something just doesn't add up.

Also, with my applications starting up so slow, like steam takes at least 15 seconds after I click it before I see a window, and its installed on the SSD though my games install to the platter. Gamez are blazing fast but the rest of the computer seems to be lagging.

How long dose it take anyone else to open Steam? From the moment you click it to when you can see the window?

Lastly, could it be one of the ASUS Rog Programs? Maybe something in the Start Up programs? I ask because Games run grate, and I can restart the system in seconds. it just feels like something is bottlenecking the system.

cuniac
Level 7
I uninstalled Most of the ASUS except the ones needed to actually run the computer and it did improve quite a bit. I still don't think its as good as it could be but my downloads are now hitting 11MBps. in steam. things seem to be responding a bit quicker too

Chadd
Level 7
Do you know exactly what you uninstalled?
Thanks

cuniac
Level 7
ASUS Gaming Center, WebStorage, ROG Game First III, WildTangent. I also disabled the McAffe firewall but left active scanning on. Lastly since it has 24GB of ram I disabled the Page File so more items are kept in Ram. Honestly I think uninstalling ROG Game First III had the biggest impact. I'm pretty sure WildTangent had zero impact but I got it out of there anyway lol.

Chadd
Level 7
Thanks.
I've done the same and have also noticed an improvement loading apps such as Battle.net and Steam.