cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need rog strix g g731gu laptop crashing solutions

uragiri
Level 7
hello good people.
I bought the product 1 month ago. the problem i am facing is it hangs up suddenly whenever i play games for awhile or even when i am using it for normal usage.

cpu temp goes max 79 and gpu goes 70 when gaming. even before hanging i face no lags, no fps drops, no system slow whatsoever. it runs smoothly but suddenly the who laptop crashes. only the force shutdown holding the power button turns off the system. i usually play overwatch, dota2, destiny2. and this random crashes happened for all of these games. i checked the temps twice and i think they are normal for a gaming laptop. it also happened even in a normal usage. like browsing and others.

checked the drivers, bios. re-installed and updated them. re-installed windows. nothing helped.
[p.s.- windows is installed in the sata ssd, not the m.2 ssd]

is this an hardware issue? do i have claim the warranty?
thanks in advance
5 REPLIES 5

jdfrench3
Level 12
One month ASUS laptop owner, I would perform a system recovery (procedure explained in your User Manual starting on page 71). After recovery, if the problems still persist, return the laptop to the reseller and ask for a refund or replacement.

Now if you completely wiped your SSD and reinstalled Windows, wiping your OEM Recovery Partition, thus preventing a System Recovery, then you must return the laptop to ASUS for warranty repair.

Either way, remove all your personal data before releasing the laptop for repair/replacement.

From your description of the problem, I would guess you have an hardware issue.
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

Hey, did you find a solution to this problem? Having exactly the same and it's really starting to piss me off....

G531GW 2070 i7.....

completely locks up/hangs with no BSOD and no .dmp files. Requires a hold of the power button to re-start. All drivers/everything up to date and checked multiple times.

Happens very randomly....even during a memtest86, in BIOS and obviously in Win 10 apps etc....

Any solution before I send this back would be great...Lucily I've got an extended return until the 30th June.

Fresh install/reinstall of windows did nothing.

Joanne1
Level 8
Hi zanzarismo,

Thank you for letting us know your problems with our laptop.
Due to you have fresh installed of windows, it may be that the driver is not installed completely or the upgrade is not compatible with the hardware.
Because of the lack of information, if the problems is still happening randomly, you may kindly send your device back to service center for further examination.

Thanks!

Joanne@ASUS wrote:
Hi zanzarismo,

Thank you for letting us know your problems with our laptop.
Due to you have fresh installed of windows, it may be that the driver is not installed completely or the upgrade is not compatible with the hardware.
Because of the lack of information, if the problems is still happening randomly, you may kindly send your device back to service center for further examination.

Thanks!

Thanks for reply, Joanne. Yes it is still happening unfortunately, sometimes once every few days and then perhaps four times in a day.

I have until 30th June to send back the unit for a refund so will probably wait until mid-June and if it is still happening I'll return and buy a different laptop. I can't really afford to have the down-time of no computer for a week+ (sending it in for a repair) as like many at the moment I am working from home.

Online support just suggest the standard 'reinstall drivers & windows' etc and have not requested system info or event viewer details which is strange.

I am getting 300+ 'The ASUS System Analysis service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 252 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 0 milliseconds: Restart the service.' errors daily which may be something to do with it....not sure.

Any help from anyone is appreciated. Pulling my hair out here.

zanzarismo wrote:
Thanks for reply, Joanne. Yes it is still happening unfortunately, sometimes once every few days and then perhaps four times in a day.

I have until 30th June to send back the unit for a refund so will probably wait until mid-June and if it is still happening I'll return and buy a different laptop. I can't really afford to have the down-time of no computer for a week+ (sending it in for a repair) as like many at the moment I am working from home.

Online support just suggest the standard 'reinstall drivers & windows' etc and have not requested system info or event viewer details which is strange.

I am getting 300+ 'The ASUS System Analysis service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 252 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 0 milliseconds: Restart the service.' errors daily which may be something to do with it....not sure.

Any help from anyone is appreciated. Pulling my hair out here.

Hello good friend, sorry for late reply. i claimed the warranty.
but the issue still existed even after claiming the warranty. at first i had mistakenly diagnosed that it was the OS issue (driver conflicts, not compatible drivers etc).

the reason was i re-installed the windows and formatted the stock windows. so when claiming the warranty i mentioned the issue was that i formatted the stock OS. so getting the stock OS back may fix the problem. so all they just did was gave a fresh OS back and returned the device. but the problem still existed. then i was kinda pretty sure that it was actually hardware problem.

couldn't claim the warranty again, as like you i am also working from home, and for the covid issue the local Asus Service Center wasn't open. so at end of last month i claimed the warranty again, made sure to mention that it is actually likely to be an hardware issue. AND IT WAS. they returned the device within 1 week. and changed the mobo. till this day i am not facing any problems so far. so i think there won't be fix from tweaking the software, OS and drivers for you.

hope it helps you. i was pulling my hair like you and burned them to ashes out of frustration XD