cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My warning against upgrading to BIOS version 214 for the G752VT

Ancients
Level 10
I just had a fun hour or two trying to fix a problem that had its roots in updating my BIOS to version 214. I was running version 205 before. Anyway, today I updated the BIOS and updated windows, and my system and compressed memory process was constantly running a core on my CPU at 100%, and keeping itself between 16-20% of all cpu usage.

I assumed it was a problem with Windows 10 and tried half a dozen fixes, and even rolled back Windows 10, but the problem was still there. After all that failed I reverted my BIOS to version 205 and the problem went away.

So, that is my friendly anecdotal warning if you were thinking of upgrading your BIOS to 214. If you see system and compressed memory being buggy, be prepared to revert it.
5 REPLIES 5

Julskey
Level 10
Did you have a G752VY? I have a G752VT updated to bios 214 running just okay for more than 1 month already.

RuisuL12
Level 7
I have G752VT and flash BIOS 214 a couple of weeks ago and the only thing is the boot time increase like 3 seconds, but running ok without issues

RuisuL12 wrote:
I have G752VT and flash BIOS 214 a couple of weeks ago and the only thing is the boot time increase like 3 seconds, but running ok without issues

Same here. With 205, boot time was about 14sec from power button to windows desktop. With 214, about 18 secs. Well, at least we now have option for raid 0 or AHCI for m.2 SSD. Don't have any m.2 ssd's yet, but i'll be upgrading soon.

Ancients
Level 10
I have a G752VT.

gold_pasha
Level 7
I had exactly the same issue when I updated my G752VL's bios from v208 to 211.
System and compressed memory had CPU usage 15-20% constantly, and idle state cpu temperature rose by 10-12 degrees C.

Ancients wrote:
I just had a fun hour or two trying to fix a problem that had its roots in updating my BIOS to version 214. I was running version 205 before. Anyway, today I updated the BIOS and updated windows, and my system and compressed memory process was constantly running a core on my CPU at 100%, and keeping itself between 16-20% of all cpu usage.

I assumed it was a problem with Windows 10 and tried half a dozen fixes, and even rolled back Windows 10, but the problem was still there. After all that failed I reverted my BIOS to version 205 and the problem went away.

So, that is my friendly anecdotal warning if you were thinking of upgrading your BIOS to 214. If you see system and compressed memory being buggy, be prepared to revert it.