cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My laptop got jacked today!!! G750JH ETA?

Vicodin
Level 10
Title says it all. I ran into a store for like 6 minutes tonight and my laptop was on the backseat in a case. When I came out my alarm was going off. Apparently I left my window down just far enough for someone to reach in, unlock it, and take my Clevo. I was fking furious! To top it off, I was parked just to far off to the side of the parking lot where the cameras do not view, and the cops wouldn't even take fingerprints!

Well it ended up that he indirectly did me a favor, in a way. My father manages the insurance agency I go through. (The branch anyways) He is going to pull some strings so I don't have to pay any kind of deductible. So I gave him the receipts for the Laptop, Ram, and the Samsung SSD. He is 90% sure he can get me 100% of the purchase price on everything. There is a small chance that they may "depreciate" the value giving me say 80%+ due to length of ownership/purchase. (Due to corporate bs that even he may not be able to bypass)

So now what... May be a week or so until I get the money. Not sure if I am going to roll with another Clevo, or maybe look into the new G750's. I keep hearing about problems with them though. (Bad Displays, Faulty Keyboards) So I am kind of sketchy about that. Anyone know when the 780m G750 is going to hit the USA?
6 REPLIES 6

ggBanks
Level 10
Not sure what are you trying to achieve with this topic mate! If the police can't get your laptop back, sure as hell we cant do anything either.

cheek
Level 9

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
@Vicodin, since you're asking about the G750Jh model, hope you don't mind if I moved your thread to the G750 area and edited your title too.

You may have seen this thread Spec Detailed: G750JX, G750JW, G750JH already, but Marshall mentioned the JH would be available in August and unfortunately, I don't have more information yet.

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
http://rog.asus.com/239892013/g-series-laptops/asus-introduces-the-republic-of-gamers-g750-laptop/

Tables don't copy and paste into vB that easily so please see the link above. For those looking for *the best* model - you'll want the JH, which will be available in August due to availability of components and slight differences in the chassis design to accomodate the higher wattage GTX 780M.

Shawnnepc
Level 13
I would be surprised if they tried to slap deprecation on this. Most of those components are still available in the market as the same price as when your laptop was originally purchased.

If they do try and screw you around contact the Clevo reseller you purchased your laptop from and ask them for a replacement quote with the SAME parts.

I dealt with a case similar a while back where they tried claiming 'fair market value' on one of the desktops we sold a customer that was less than a year old.

The best way to avoid this issue entirely is to ask for a retail replacement insurance policy. Costs a bit more but it beats going back and forth with the insurance guys.

According to prior comments from ASUS the new JH will have a new screen. As far as the release date goes, I couldn't tell you even if I knew.

I haven't been impressed by the recent Clevo chassis releases. They still have that horrible cheap and clunky feel that they've had for years. Not only that but the P177SM uses some seriously tacky lighting.

I've always preferred ASUS's design and build over that of the Clevo. We only went Clevo because ASUS wasn't offering the x80 GPU's at the time we needed them.

Vicodin wrote:
Title says it all. I ran into a store for like 6 minutes tonight and my laptop was on the backseat in a case. When I came out my alarm was going off. Apparently I left my window down just far enough for someone to reach in, unlock it, and take my Clevo. I was fking furious! To top it off, I was parked just to far off to the side of the parking lot where the cameras do not view, and the cops wouldn't even take fingerprints!

Well it ended up that he indirectly did me a favor, in a way. My father manages the insurance agency I go through. (The branch anyways) He is going to pull some strings so I don't have to pay any kind of deductible. So I gave him the receipts for the Laptop, Ram, and the Samsung SSD. He is 90% sure he can get me 100% of the purchase price on everything. There is a small chance that they may "depreciate" the value giving me say 80%+ due to length of ownership/purchase. (Due to corporate bs that even he may not be able to bypass)

So now what... May be a week or so until I get the money. Not sure if I am going to roll with another Clevo, or maybe look into the new G750's. I keep hearing about problems with them though. (Bad Displays, Faulty Keyboards) So I am kind of sketchy about that. Anyone know when the 780m G750 is going to hit the USA?
USA ASUS Reseller
http://www.neteffectspc.com

chrsplmr
Level 18
Vic .. drat. I hate thieves .. I hope it bursts into flames while its in their lap.
Unfortunately it has probably been passed along for a 20dollar 'rock' or such ..
In which case I hope .. well, forgive him Father .. and have mercy on their retched soul.

If you can hang, on wait for the jh .. imho ..
Or, pardon me for saying so, aren't you ready for a desktop ??? Lappies are nice .. but
lack the 'balls' of the real thing ... ooops .. did I say that?

I wish you the best of luck in this ... and may the good LORD smile down upon you
with the Karma you deserve. Think ROG .. and be One with the ROG ... hahaha .. c.

rewben
Level 13
damn thieves 😕