cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My first experience with ASUS and with a gaming laptop, Asus Rog 751JL

dunwanted
Level 8
Three months ago y bought my first gaming laptop as i earned money for it the laptop i bought is Asus Rog 751JL, I was pretty excited as i thought i would play games
with more frames, faster etc.. But ever since i got the laptop all i have encountered was issues which have driven me mad. First issue was when i play one of my favorite game
such a LOL my screen would go black for 2-3 seconds then comeback to normal, I said no prob and sent it for repairs to asus with RMA. When i get the laptop back
it has the same ****ty problem and it wasn't fixed, then i posted in this forum and someone helped me solve the issue but not completely. Today when i turn on my laptop the
screen is pinkish don't know how to fix it, don't know what to do. Ever since i bought the laptop i encounter issues and issues, how come this laptop overheats when i play LOL
with all video setting to LOW, and my 5 year old non gaming laptop can play LOL without overheating?

I do not know if i was sold a faulty device, i would not recommend the asus brand to any one, and i wouldn't even recommend my worse enemy buy this laptop.

This was my first experience with the ASUS brand I am sad that i wasted 1,300 for this laptop as it was a complete waste of my money and time .

Video of how i get the black screen while gaming https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1krLMI_xPgg
3 REPLIES 3

b0xBR
Level 7
dunwanted wrote:
Three months ago y bought my first gaming laptop as i earned money for it the laptop i bought is Asus Rog 751JL, I was pretty excited as i thought i would play games
with more frames, faster etc.. But ever since i got the laptop all i have encountered was issues which have driven me mad. First issue was when i play one of my favorite game
such a LOL my screen would go black for 2-3 seconds then comeback to normal, I said no prob and sent it for repairs to asus with RMA. When i get the laptop back
it has the same ****ty problem and it wasn't fixed, then i posted in this forum and someone helped me solve the issue but not completely. Today when i turn on my laptop the
screen is pinkish don't know how to fix it, don't know what to do. Ever since i bought the laptop i encounter issues and issues, how come this laptop overheats when i play LOL
with all video setting to LOW, and my 5 year old non gaming laptop can play LOL without overheating?

I do not know if i was sold a faulty device, i would not recommend the asus brand to any one, and i wouldn't even recommend my worse enemy buy this laptop.

This was my first experience with the ASUS brand I am sad that i wasted 1,300 for this laptop as it was a complete waste of my money and time .

Video of how i get the black screen while gaming https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1krLMI_xPgg

Hi!

Take a look in this thread -> http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?83873-ROG-G751JL-Display-problem-randomly-stops-working-for...

Manishprajapat
Level 8

True even I am never buying Asus products ever again,

insison73
Level 7

My  purpose is to be use for Education, taking up Architecture.  I choose ASUS configuration as advised by the professor.  Actually not want ASUS, I'd rather use MacBook Pro but since it is suggested by the professor i take ASUS.

Now using ASUS, after 2 years and 1 day, the machine black out and according to the service center due to LCD problem and needs to be repalced.  I bought one more ROG machine then after 3 most of 1 year warranty, so the machine is just around 15 months, again we encounter a black out and a problem on motherboard.  Both machine is not being used on a day to day basis, maybe just the most 3 days in a week for only around 4 hours and just using Microsoft Word or Browser.  Both machines were not used for gaming and even for Graphics for architecture.

With these, I can say ASUS IS A LEMON MACHINE.

Frustrating and disppointed and trusted ASUS when it is a LEMON MACHINE.