cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSI GT73VR vs G752VS vs GL702VS

Julskey
Level 10
Hello everyone,
I'm a G752VT user (unit acquired dec2015) with Gt970m 250GB sata ssd and 512gb 950 pro currently, I've had a G74sx before and I am happy with my setup now (as with my G74sx). I'm mostly inclined to Asus as it is cheaper to the competition's offering and the fact that in my experience, asus has a (imo, very) solid quality build and I've no issues whatsoever. I would like to ask a question as to how the GL702 (with the GTX1070) hold up to the MSI GT73VR (I think with the GTX 1070 as well)?

I am more inclined to the asus unit though. Price and performance in mind.

Please tell me your thoughts.

Thank You very much.

-Juls
6 REPLIES 6

DeltaActual
Level 12
GL with 1070 suffers from overheating and thermal throttle, VS is stuck in the past with sound/keyboard/overall look and feel. My next notebook is GT73 WITH 1070. *Check out notebookreview MSI owners lounge for GT73 impressions. I haven't seen that many positive reviews ever.
Just my 2c*
G614JV

DeltaActual wrote:
GL with 1070 suffers from overheating and thermal throttle, VS is stuck in the past with sound/keyboard/overall look and feel. My next notebook is GT73 WITH 1070. *Check out notebookreview MSI owners lounge for GT73 impressions. I haven't seen that many positive reviews ever.
Just my 2c*

Thanks.*

Armesis
Level 10
I recommend you save up and get the MSI after the 1100 series becomes available. These ROG laptops may be very good value for money, but they have endless issues. I envy you since you did not get any, but with my personal experience (G752VY) and research, the MSIs seem to be way more reliable. If i were you i'd seriously get the MSI, just save up abit and wait. All the best to you!

Armesis wrote:
I recommend you save up and get the MSI after the 1100 series becomes available. These ROG laptops may be very good value for money, but they have endless issues. I envy you since you did not get any, but with my personal experience (G752VY) and research, the MSIs seem to be way more reliable. If i were you i'd seriously get the MSI, just save up abit and wait. All the best to you!

True. Anyway, my 970m can still run fluidly the games I am playing.

Thanks.

From all of the reviews and forums I have read regarding MSI, their customer service is worse than any other company, and they have extremely high numbers regarding defects or defective units...and more specifically overheating issues...this includes their most recent systems.

This is of course not a perfect world...and ASUS is not without their share of problems either...however...ASUS quality of products has generally been better than most any other manufacturer...and for the price.

My 2 cents worth!
There Can Be Only One!

Adityaramadn
Level 7
Gt73vr not have issue a bleeding screen

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk