cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mouse pad?

jaqel
Level 7
my Right hand mouse clicker thingy don't work and it won't scroll down when i try through the side it's on my g74sx (i think i got bbk7) :confused: anyways in detail it won't click like it goes down but it won't click the left one works but the right one won't

edit - also this is not my main account i made this one because i can't recover the password to the other one every time i do it sends me to the main forums for some reason..maybe a bug?
6 REPLIES 6

dstrakele
Level 14
Sounds like you may have a hardware issue. I'm assuming you are writing about the touchpad rather than a mouse (since "mouse pad" is the title of your post).

I'm unsure of what you mean by "it won't scroll down when i try through the side ". I know the Sentelic 9.1.7.7 driver scrolls by dragging 2 fingers in the direction you wish to scroll.

How long have you had this laptop? If you are still within the period where you may exchange your defective laptop for a new unit or return for a refund, that is what I would recommend.

If you are beyond the point of a return for refund, I would try uninstalling your current touchpad driver and rebooting so Windows 7 installs its Plug N Play touchpad driver. If the issue persists (and I'm thinking it won't correct your right button issue), you'll need to RMA your laptop for touchpad replacement.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

No i am not those days that i first started with this also a note not to count on - i bought this laptop through warranty from my g73jh(or something to that) (how does this fit ? i dunno they just gave me this one) anyways yes i do mean mouse pad to be more clearer also i might know the person who can fix it ..lets just hope he's there tonight (night work) 😛

edit - would me plugging a mouse of usb be the problem? because i got one in

dstrakele
Level 14
Good luck with your touchpad repair. If the screw on the right side (that attaches the touchpad to the laptop deck) is loose or missing, it may cause the right side button behavior you report.

Otherwise, I would try uninstalling your current touchpad driver and rebooting so Windows 7 installs its Plug N Play touchpad driver. Then I would see if it changes behavior. If so, I would then install the latest driver for your touchpad.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

BrodyBoy
Level 10
If it's the right side of the button assembly that's loose, that's easily reached without disassembly. You just remove the back panel, and the hard drive in bay #2. The screw for that side of the button assembly is right there, in one of the round openings in the chassis.

Well..lets see who comes first..the IT guy or my skills of fixing also i don't think it's the cable soo i also think if it's the screw gone nuts then it will be easy to fix just hopeing i don't pass electricity to the mb or anything else (bad experience with my old M6811 emachine ..)

BrodyBoy
Level 10
If it's not obvious already.....unplug it and remove the battery before performing any kind of surgery on your laptop!