cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More information on G752 dust release?

Ancients
Level 10
Does anyone have any information on how the dust release system for the G752 line works? I have been looking for some information on how it works but haven't been able to find much outside of parroted information from press releases that ASUS put out.

I'm aware of what it means for the consumer, but I want to know how it functions.
5 REPLIES 5

Clintlgm
Level 14
I think the theory is that centrifugal force will move the dust to the outside end of the blades where it is ejected out the dust port.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Am I to assume it's like.. swirling water in a bowl with a hole in the side? And the water is just going out of that hole? (Excuse the terrible analogy)

In that regard, wouldn't also valuable air pressure be sacrificed?

Interesting design, I would've preferred the vents be easier to access by pulling off the speaker bar then lifting something like a narrow hatch connected to the fan case.. :f

But.. air's not REALLY going in circles in there, is it? I thought it'd be directly pushing out towards the fins regardless.. )

Yes I think that is the theory that the dust would be heaver than the air and centrifugal force would move the dust to the out side boundaries and out the shoot? I have no idea if this works hopefully it does since we have no easy way to clean out these notebooks like with did with the G75. I'll probably be able to report in a year or so, since I live in a very dusty location. Dust builds up into matts in a couple of weeks or so on exposed items around the house. I have cleaned my G75 monthly
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Clintlgm wrote:
Yes I think that is the theory that the dust would be heaver than the air and centrifugal force would move the dust to the out side boundaries and out the shoot? I have no idea if this works hopefully it does since we have no easy way to clean out these notebooks like with did with the G75. I'll probably be able to report in a year or so, since I live in a very dusty location. Dust builds up into matts in a couple of weeks or so on exposed items around the house. I have cleaned my G75 monthly

Thanks Clint,

I myself just did a full teardown to zero and did a repaste / sink clean after around.. half a year? Almost a year? Had some mats crossing the fins though it was still able to exhaust.. of course not as efficiently as it should be. (Quite thick over one half where the pipe joins)

I'm a G750JX here, thinking of grabbing a G752VS tomorrow.

Yes I love my G752VY really glad I bought it, even though my G75VW still worked great.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro